What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

3oEjHNUWnKb9WyRzmE.gif

I coached against Orms when he was a youth football player. He was damn fast as a kid. I feel bad for coaching a team that destroyed his Wheat Ridge team in the championship game. He did seem like a good kid and I guess he was a good baseball player as well.

Anyway, I am glad that Borghi decided to be a Buff. I had a chance to watch him a few times last year. He is fast and tough to bring down.

Check the 2nd play in his film out at the 30 second mark. He catches a pass against Glinn Academy (GA program that went 11-2), breaks the tackle and pulls away from everybody chasing him, who are ridiculously good athletes themselves. It was like that all game from the film we watched in our scouting prep, even though Pomona lost to that team. He is faster than Orms and Lindsay, IMO.

That's fair, I just remembered seeing Orms playing rb in hs as a comparison, similar size and what not. Either way, glad to have him.

I loved Orms coming out of HS, kid had a huge heart and was a winner in all ways.

On the negative though Orms was very marginal as a P5 level athlete. He had speed and quickness but he had a slight build. Borghi has a lot in common with him as an athlete but the big difference is that while he isn't big he is a lot thicker, he has the speed and quickness but he won't be giving up as much in strength as Orms did.

Hopefully this also means he is more durable as well. Orms was tough but he fought through a series of minor injures that a more muscular guy might not have to deal with.

I coached against Orms when he was a youth football player. He was damn fast as a kid. I feel bad for coaching a team that destroyed his Wheat Ridge team in the championship game. He did seem like a good kid and I guess he was a good baseball player as well.

Anyway, I am glad that Borghi decided to be a Buff. I had a chance to watch him a few times last year. He is fast and tough to bring down.
Which team did you coach?

Back