What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO OG Blake Carette (Verbal to Air Force)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

CcV0rJRUcAEKkgY.jpg

Arapahoe HS (Centenniel, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/blake_carette

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 274
40:

247s rating: 2*-77 grade; #113 OG
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 2*-5.2rr; unranked OT

247s Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: Air Force, Idaho, Indiana State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, South Dakota, Weber State

Last edited:
2016 Junior Day attendee who trains at Six Zero and is followed by Chev and Adams.

Being evaluated more by colleges. He said Adams will be at some Araphoe spring stuff. Plays lacrosse and hopes to be in the 280-pound range in the fall. He's going to a ton of camps, hope he gets some offers.
http://foxs.pt/2mQDNEP

McChesney on Carette:
"Blake is a very smart, athletic football player that has a ton of upside and potential. I think he will end up at guard or center at the next level and his athletic ability and his ability to move is going to set him apart. Obviously I hope it stays regional but there is a lot of interest in him right now from the University of Washington to the University of Colorado to Northwestern. He's all over the map and I think it's going to be a massive off-season, summer and senior season for Blake. There's not a lot of depth at the OL position for seniors in Colorado this year, Blake is the top OL in CO in my opinion."

As a rule of thumb, I think OL is the in-state position where we can say that if CU can get the best OL prospect from the state every year then it's probably an automatic take. That distinction might go to Ezekiel Creps, though.

I went to AHS. For an upper middle class school with a large enrollment they sure don't put many kids in D1 programs for football.
I think that's the rule. Not the exception. Most high schools don't put many kids into D1 programs.

Well, yeah. I meant in comparison to similar Colorado high schools.

I think you would be surprised by the number of D1 prospects who don't play for what would be their "home school." Beyond the actual recruiting that goes on for the top players a lot of top athletes and their parents do what they have to do to go to a school that they see as being more successful and offering a better path to college athletics.

It would be interesting to know how many top football players from surrounding schools started out in the Arapahoe attendance area.

Hard to argue with somebody getting a service academy education.

Look forward to seeing him have a great career there.

Back