What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO QB Blake Stenstrom (SIGNED to COLORADO)

He gets the ball out with a very quick release. Looks like a good one. Welcome to the Black & gold, Blake.

He gets the ball out with a very quick release. Looks like a good one. Welcome to the Black & gold, Blake.
Just watched his film and then came here to post this above, so ditto. Fundamentally very sound. Footwork, release, motion.... He could be ready to compete right away given his proximity to CU and his polish. Will be fun to watch him as a SR.

Perfect fit for our system. I like how accurate he is throwing on the run. Quick release, he should be at least a 4 star QB. This guy is not a 3 star.

Perfect fit for our system. I like how accurate he is throwing on the run. Quick release, he should be at least a 4 star QB. This guy is not a 3 star.
He hasn't played in anything more than mop up duty up to this point. I have no doubt that he'll be a solid player, but let's pump the brakes here until he is under center full time.

I dislike Valor but they do have talent. Even with limited playing time so far he has been practicing against better competition than most Colorado HS QBs face in their careers.

Wow. Can't get any cooler if you're a 16 year old kid. Hell, at 31 I'd get excited if an NFL player tweeted me. Didn't realize hasselbeck was from boulder though, so much to learn.
Matt's father was Don Hasselbeck, a TE in the mid seventies who played for the Patriots and Raiders. Matt wanted to come here in the worst way, but Mac didnt have room for him.

Matt's father was Don Hasselbeck, a TE in the mid seventies who played for the Patriots and Raiders. Matt wanted to come here in the worst way, but Mac didnt have room for him.

That's what I heard, I had no idea! I was born in 1985 so my CU knowledge is not so great before the 90's

He hasn't played in anything more than mop up duty up to this point. I have no doubt that he'll be a solid player, but let's pump the brakes here until he is under center full time.

He looked good in limited duty. That throw on the run is difficult to do.

Believe he played the third drive of every game, so he's seen some starting 5A Ds, but yeah lack of experience fo sho. Let's be honest though most of Valor's games are mop up duty anyways!

The politics at Valor had him on the bench but he was good enough to beat out the starter last year.

I hope that's true. Even if he was in the conversation with a guy a year older who was considered one of the blue chip QBs in the 2017 class, I'm more than good and feel no need to bring politics accusations into it.

I hope that's true. Even if he was in the conversation with a guy a year older who was considered one of the blue chip QBs in the 2017 class, I'm more than good and feel no need to bring politics accusations into it.
I grew up about a half mile from Valor, always take statements like this with a grain of salt. I am not saying it is not true but parents and people in general (inside and outside of the program) tend to spew false statements about Valor players and McCaffery kids in general. I have heard a lot of McCaffery is overrated talk over the last couple years but he still won 2 state titles and Michigan recruited him as their only QB this year. Definitely looking forward to what Stenstrom can do this year, will definitely make it out to a couple games.

The politics at Valor had him on the bench but he was good enough to beat out the starter last year.
I hope you're right. Would mean we have a serious blue chip QB coming. Having coached against McCaffrey a couple times, I have my doubts about that being the case, but I'll definitely reserve final judgement until we see more of Stenstrom this season.

Can't comment on politics but having watched the Valor game against Saguaro I thought Stenstrom looked like the better quarterback when he was put in. Of course this was only one game and there could have been other circumstances that caused McCaffrey's poor play.

Back