What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC WDE TaMarion Johnson

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

aaCSixbg.jpg

Independence CC (Independence, KS)/ University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)/ Bradford Academy (Southfield, MI)

2 years to play 2

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TamarionJ

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 245
40:

247s rating: unrated WDE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: unrated WDE

247s Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: Memphis, Tulsa, UAB

Last edited:
Followed by Chev, Aunese, Chidera, a number of our 2018 commits and at least one of the guys who does CU edits. He started following me today, fwiw.

Johnson was one of the guys who got caught up in that controversial sexual assault case at Minnesota last year that precipitated the team doing a boycott and lots of allegations of it being a miscarriage of justice. I do not know what his role was, but he was expelled. Obviously, this would require a lot of due diligence on the part of CU's staff if they were to decide to bring him in. This was a very murky case at UM.

Memphis just offered on August 2nd.

Here's a recent pic:

Here was the Scout evaluation of him out of high school (sounds like a Jimmie Gilbert type):

Long, athletic kid who can come off the edge and rush the passer as evidenced by his 14 sacks as a senior. Fluid, shows the ability to redirect and chase down plays. Already has a good start as far as pass rush technique and using his hands. Lean frame right now and must continue to add weight and strength. Tall kid, so playing with leverage against the run will be a key for him going forward but has upside. - Allen Trieu

@sweaty teets - any insights on the case at UM, expulsions, etc.? Based on what has been reported, is it justifiable to blackball the players named? Is it reasonable to offer 2nd chances?

@sweaty teets - any insights on the case at UM, expulsions, etc.? Based on what has been reported, is it justifiable to blackball the players named? Is it reasonable to offer 2nd chances?
I can't remember any of the specifics, but I know several of the expelled players were way more involved than others who were expelled. I don't know where Johnson falls on that spectrum. I trust HCMM will vett accordingly.

This guy just followed ME on twitter, he's digging deep into #Buffstwitter so maybe some smoke?

Looking into it more, he was one of four that had their expulsion upheld, while others were either cleared of wrongdoing or suspended. Take that as you will.
Definitely need our coaches to make a deep dive on the vetting before any decision is made on paying for an official visit here or offering a scholarship.

Did not sign in December. Visited Memphis on 12/8, but didn't commit. Not previously mentioned, but Katie Bason also follows.

I believe that the Buffs are still looking for a pass rusher in this class. Maybe he visits with Rakeem Boyd in January?

You obviously have a very jaded view of CU football, the administration and the city of Boulder in general. Coupling that mindset with the fact that you don’t know exactly what went on with this kid at Minnesota, and I think these last few posts are pretty ignorant.

Not all football players are choir boys, and there are going to be some guys with a “sketchy” past, but if Mike MacIntyre has done his DD on this young man and deemed him worthy of a scholarship offer, then we should all be willing to give the kid another shot.

In an interview with MM where he mentioned that he uses feedback from the recruit's host player(s) as a key criteria for an offer. He acknowledged that most recruits know how to tell coaches what they want to hear during interviews. However, when it comes to the players, it would be very difficult for them to pull the wool over their eyes . Mac, then went on to say, if the players tell him a certain recruit is bad news and would be negative element for team, regardless of what the recruit brings footballwise, he's not offering them period. In this case, where there are gray areas and questions marks about the player's character/behavior I would think he would go even further in getting the players' approval/feedback before offering......or, just maybe, that makes me naive for wanting to believe that.

Last edited:
He has room to add some weight too being as tall as he is. I doubt 15 pounds or so would be very hard for him.

Back