What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX RB Kirby Bennett III

I think that if there are two highly ranked RB's you take both, why not? It's not like we've had that luxury in the recent years. RB's are more prone to injury as well. Why not double down.

I think that if there are two highly ranked RB's you take both, why not? It's not like we've had that luxury in the recent years. RB's are more prone to injury as well. Why not double down.
Because you have a cap on schollies? That being said, really good RB's should have been playing both ways and have experience at LB or Safety, so if you think both can contribute to your team one way or another, then yes.

For anyone questioning taking multiple backs in consecutive years, let's just look at too schoola right now. Some teams are going 4 and five deep with highly rated backs, so there's no reason we shouldn't be looking to bring in 4 or 5 talented kids at the position every couple years.

For anyone questioning taking multiple backs in consecutive years, let's just look at too schoola right now. Some teams are going 4 and five deep with highly rated backs, so there's no reason we shouldn't be looking to bring in 4 or 5 talented kids at the position every couple years.

Boom! Thank you. Can't agree more.

You get to 4-5 deep by taking 1 per year, if you're not experiencing attrition. We lost Carr, but we still have 4-5 guys.

I think the issue is more getting a talent injection. We lost Carr. Bisharat doesn't look like a RB to me. The kid coming in from Texas didn't blow up like I thought he would despite tons of exposure and carries. Bottom line, the kid who this thread is about would have a chance to be the man.

You get to 4-5 deep by taking 1 per year, if you're not experiencing attrition. We lost Carr, but we still have 4-5 guys.

I think the issue is more getting a talent injection. We lost Carr. Bisharat doesn't look like a RB to me. The kid coming in from Texas didn't blow up like I thought he would despite tons of exposure and carries. Bottom line, the kid who this thread is about would have a chance to be the man.
Pretty sure Bama and SC have had years where they took more than one 5* back in the same class. You can take multiple kids at running back and should if you can.

Pretty sure Bama and SC have had years where they took more than one 5* back in the same class. You can take multiple kids at running back and should if you can.
Sure - every school has. Lots of attrition at the position, partly due to injury.

You "can" take more than one every year. Every single year. But you got a lot of positions to cover. Taking 1 really good one from here on out, will generally cover it. I'd be ok with 2 this year though, but not if neither is going to be better than the subject of this thread. Because then you got 2 guys just using a scholarship....

I don't want to say that some fans are idots... but some fans are idots.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

This year FSU has Cam Akers (#2 RB ESPN 87), Khalan Laborn (#5 RB ESPN 85), and Zaquandre White (#15 RB ESPN 82) all listed as verbal commits for the 2017 class. If he's talented enough (which he is) and decides to come to CU, we'll find room for him.

Wait. Why are we discussing whether or not we would accept this kid in the 2018 class that has 3 kids committed, none of which are RBs?
I don't know if anyone is discussing that. The question was framed more like should we take extra RBs right now, as our depth is low right now. Just don't take kids who become JAGs if this stud commits.

Wait. Why are we discussing whether or not we would accept this kid in the 2018 class that has 3 kids committed, none of which are RBs?

People are saying that we should only take 1 RB per recruiting cycle, but many others including myself are arguing the point that if we have 1, 2 even 3 Top-300 RB's wanting to commit than why not? It's not like we were in that position in recent years. We need an influx of top talent. Transfers, injuries, grades etc can happen.

Not going to join in the discussion above except to say that this kid looks like a guy who you take no matter who else you have committed at the position.
Looking at what he brings to the table he would make the Buffs a better team and we wouldn't have to wait long for it.

If we have other RBs that he beats out you still need depth and RBs are usually good enough athletes that they can often help at other positions. Whenever young Mr. Bennett decides to commit I take it and figure out how to fit the class around him.

After PL leaves we don't really have a run game. Lee suddenly doesn't play anymore even though he does good as a wr and a rb (more so wr). If Beau comes around we will have him and Evans.

Pull the trigger Kirby. You know you want to.

After Lindsay goes for 2,000 APY this year, we would like to have you fill that roll.

Hope he notices our OL class this year.

Would love to see him working behind the young talent we brought in.

Back