What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 PF Jakub Dombek - Verbal to Colorado

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
Scout
ESPN

97016c8a363382e3bc92b446f26d_w1254_h836_ga83b94ac505111e7b65b0025900fea04.jpg

Get Better Academy
Ostrava, Czech Republic

Ht: 6-foot - 8
Wt: 194 lbs.

247sports rating: N/A
Scout rating: N/A
ESPN rating: N/A

Reported offers: Colorado, Arkansas State, Loyola Marymount

Hm. Like that he looks athletic, and has a quick-ish release on that 3, but doesn't seem to have a lot in the terms of go-to moves especially in the post. Have the feeling he's gonna need to put on a good deal of weight to hold up in conference play. @Goose what are your thoughts here?

Hm. Like that he looks athletic, and has a quick-ish release on that 3, but doesn't seem to have a lot in the terms of go-to moves especially in the post. Have the feeling he's gonna need to put on a good deal of weight to hold up in conference play. @Goose what are your thoughts here?

I hate judging big men off of highlight videos - so huge grain of salt here. You can see flashes. Looks like he may have a decent shot. His handle appears to be ok. Small sample size (and watching on a tiny phone at work) but his 3 pt shot release looks to be a touch low (although that could have been bad passes too in his defense). Worried about his weight, so I'm guessing he'll have a redshirt year here.

Seems fine to me. Really my only concern is that I wouldn't have taken a big man with the open scholly so I'm hoping this means that another move is going to be made (and it's not Battey).

Surprising foot speed in the videos. Made me think they were sped up. Intriguing, but a lot of questions remain. Nonetheless, he's been on campus and he's going to be a buff. So, WOOT!

(and it's not Battey).
Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'm hoping that if we were filling Battey's scholarship (plz no) Tad would be going after someone a little more post-oriented and game-ready.

One of the videos Goose posted says 6'10" 205. I really hope so.

Yeah, I just took the height and weight from the VerbalCommits page. Not sure where the hell they got it. So 6'10", 205 lbs. may be more accurate.

The kid ATTACKS the rim. If he's 6'10", he's going to be a monster inside with his jumping ability. His film does not play like a typical European.

This kid will be the real deal if he's 6'10" tall given the way he moves. He could be our version of (gulp) Robert Williams at A&M.

I hate judging big men off of highlight videos - so huge grain of salt here. You can see flashes. Looks like he may have a decent shot. His handle appears to be ok. Small sample size (and watching on a tiny phone at work) but his 3 pt shot release looks to be a touch low (although that could have been bad passes too in his defense). Worried about his weight, so I'm guessing he'll have a redshirt year here.

Seems fine to me. Really my only concern is that I wouldn't have taken a big man with the open scholly so I'm hoping this means that another move is going to be made (and it's not Battey).

I take it you're in the camp that wanted the last scholly to go to a backup point? I have to think the plan is for Kountz or Parquet to ultimately fill that role.

I like the video enough. He's a big that enjoys running and jumping - cool.

If he can shoot, this could work very well. Especially if Tad keeps playing zone. He's very athletic. Like Bey, he's got a ton of potential as a weak side rebounder and shot blocker who can get out to the 3pt shooter on a skip pass.

Back