What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TNFR QB Jalen Hurts (Committed to Oklahoma)

I don’t dispute that, but the point remains. One game is not an adequate body of evidence, regardless of the circumstances.

OTOH, this is a cutthroat "business" and when you do get a chance to prove yourself, you need to make the most of it as you don't know if you'll get another. Especially at a position like QB where only one guy can play.

If you do have an opportunity to pursue a guy who has proven he can get it done at the highest level, you'd be ill-advised to pass up on it simply because you have 2 other guys in the program.

OTOH, this is a cutthroat "business" and when you do get a chance to prove yourself, you need to make the most of it as you don't know if you'll get another. Especially at a position like QB where only one guy can play.

If you do have an opportunity to pursue a guy who has proven he can get it done at the highest level, you'd be ill-advised to pass up on it simply because you have 2 other guys in the program.
Hurts has proven a lot more than Noyer. There’s no disputing that. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on Noyer, though. And while I acknowledge it is indeed a cutthroat business, I don’t have to like it. I agree, though, that if you have a chance at Hurts, you take it and let the chips fall where they may. Just be prepared for some QB depth issues if that happens because it might be more than just Noyer that we would lose.

This is why you give your backups some actual plays to run the offense. I can understand not doing that with Noyer as he has been horrendous both times, albeit limited time. At some point CU needs to see what they have out of Lytle. They can then go into the off-season with a little more understanding on how they can approach the QB position in 2019 if Montez leaves.

This is why you give your backups some actual plays to run the offense. I can understand not doing that with Noyer as he has been horrendous both times, albeit limited time. At some point CU needs to see what they have out of Lytle. They can then go into the off-season with a little more understanding on how they can approach the QB position in 2019 if Montez leaves.
Did Lytle get any time against NH? I didn't watch much of the 4th.

If Hurts did transfer here, it would certainly bring a whole lot of national media attention to the program.

For whatever that's worth.

Agreed on running the O. Lytle or Noyer don't get anything out of just handing off the ****ing ball. Do understand on Noyer some, at least that day. You can run the offense without it looking like you're trying to put 100 on somebody.

If Hurts did transfer here, it would certainly bring a whole lot of national media attention to the program.

For whatever that's worth.

It'd be a massive opportunity if you produced say a 2nd round pick in Montez and then got a chance to insert a guy with Hurts' resume. Could really open some doors you wouldn't dream of being open to you.

You misspelled repeat there.

(The Pac-12 has to salivate at the thought of getting a chance to run up the score on a Chip Kelly team, right?)
I think Willingham and Leach were the only two around the last time Chip coached in the pac (not counting Shaw). Would really be fun to have seen teams run it up like Chip used to. Maybe Embree should give MM a call?

I think Willingham and Leach were the only two around the last time Chip coached in the pac (not counting Shaw). Would really be fun to have seen teams run it up like Chip used to. Maybe Embree should give MM a call?

Could mention Chris Petersen, who won against Kelly in his Oregon debut with Boise. The LeGarette Blount game.

If our Buffs have a top 15 type season and Montez goes to the NFL, might Hurts consider CU as a grad transfer option? We've got some other guys from the Houston area on the roster and some serious WRs from Texas. Wouldn't be his worst option by any stretch.
He might make a good back up if Montez stays another year. :sneaky:
Like Duff, I have never been real impressed with Hurts. You can go far with an epic surrounding cast. I don't think he has the arm to be a real threat in a vertical game, which we use and I personally like.

You guys are crazy. If Montez balls out and turns pro, having Jalen Hurts as a grad transfer replacement would be like manna from Heaven. It'd put us in the national news, it'd get tons of eyes on CU football, and we'd win a lot of games.

The idea that he'd even consider us as a destination would be a big deal. All you guys saying that you'd pass on him sound like the kind of guys who talk about how you don't find an objectively beautiful woman attractive because her knees are too pointy or some other nonsense.

You guys are crazy. If Montez balls out and turns pro, having Jalen Hurts as a grad transfer replacement would be like manna from Heaven. It'd put us in the national news, it'd get tons of eyes on CU football, and we'd win a lot of games.

The idea that he'd even consider us as a destination would be a big deal. All you guys saying that you'd pass on him sound like the kind of guys who talk about how you don't find an objectively beautiful woman attractive because her knees are too pointy or some other nonsense.
I hate pointy knees....

How many games have you watched Jalen Hurts play?

(Be honest)

How many games have you watched Jalen Hurts play?

(Be honest)
I’ve probably seen him 10 times. I think our offense would look a lot like the back half of 2016 with Hurts — read options, QB powers, deep passes and safe 1-read sideline routes. He doesn’t have Montez’s arm talent by any stretch and there are limitations, but what he does he does well with few mistakes plus great leadership & toughness. He will make some plays, sometimes from outside the design. He’ll miss some plays that are there to be made within the design. He’s a Sefo or Manny Wilkins.

I’ve probably seen him 10 times. I think our offense would look a lot like the back half of 2016 with Hurts — read options, QB powers, deep passes and safe 1-read sideline routes. He doesn’t have Montez’s arm talent by any stretch and there are limitations, but what he does he does well with few mistakes plus great leadership & toughness. He will make some plays, sometimes from outside the design. He’ll miss some plays that are there to be made within the design. He’s a Sefo or Manny Wilkins.

He does not make mistakes, but he basically kills any margin of error for a team like CU. Hell, he almost did the same with a stacked team at Bama.

A QB afraid to just wing it at times is not a fit in this offense IMO.

Back