What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX WR Jarek Broussard (SIGNED to COLORADO)

... Hard to be the #2 program in a state and compete for a national championship. It's why Nick Saban left and chose LSU where there's no in-state competition and much better recruiting grounds.
in the last 20 years of college football, Clemson is the only example I can think of outside of Florida and Texas (and i'm interpreting "#2" as "not #1").

edit: Auburn 2021 was in competition for the CFP

As a black man that is about the same complexion as Karl I've never once in life been called cardboard. I can see the darker Mel Tucker being called "midnight" being offensive to some who don't know the story. Seeing how HCKD coached and how HCMT left. I fully approve of both of these nicknames. Both are clowns that should no longer be mentioned here.
I’ll totally agree with all of this! 😂🤣😂

I don't know what it says about me, but I didn't think "skin tone" at all in those nickname descriptions. Probably just because I'm so close to it that I wasn't able to look outside of actual context. Now that you explained it, I can see how someone unfamiliar with context might assume those were racist skin tone descriptors.

There's a scene in the 1992 flick Sneakers where someone calls Sidney Poitier's character "Midnight" as a racial slur. That's the only time I've ever heard it used in that context.

1683080730021.png

I have a childhood friend who works for the football team, started in McIntyres final season I believe. Through the grapevine of our parents being excellent friends I had understood Mel was not a pleasant guy to work with or for and the players too had troubles with Mel’s style.

and Karl was what we thought he was distant and distracted from the football team.
But not hard to believe. This is why I’m interested (hoping so hard) the Sanders experiment works out. People keep calling him a show boat, only caring about himself. It as an insider, I/WE probably see it a lot differently, yet I still see Tucker as a selfish asshole who’s only all about himself …yet no one puts the same hate on him (actually maybe they do, but it’s different).

Back