What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 AZ TE Kyle Patterson (Signed to Air Force)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8725677.jpg

Perry HS (Gilbert, AZ)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kpatts3

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 236
40:

247s rating: 3* - 82 grade; #70 TE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked TE

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Arizona, Oregon State, Rice, San Diego State, Syracuse, UCLA, Washington, FCS

Last edited:
Patterson took a visit to Oregon State in October and is slated to visit Washington this weekend. May not be committing in the early period, because he also has an Air Force Visit scheduled for January. (per 247)

Seems like Offensive system, and perhaps OC are in place, but not yet official. Otherwise, I just wouldn't see a HC with a defensive background going after a TE before the above.

Athletic, rangy (great pass catching radius), and looks like he can add a bunch of weight. I am excited about this guy...reminds me a bit of Joe Klopfenstein.

So we're recruiting Tight Ends once again. That's good news.

I wonder if Chris Bounds will be back now that he knows the position has a future. I thought he was pretty good. Especially as a blocker.

I also like the move of Gustav to TE. If Mel is gonna keep him it sure as hell can't be at OLB. At 6'3" 223 he 's gonna need to gain the lbs.

The position even if Bounds comes back is pretty weak with both the chronically injured and projects that may never pan out. Probsbly need to bring the big grad xfer from Auburn in too.

So we're recruiting Tight Ends once again. That's good news.

I wonder if Chris Bounds will be back now that he knows the position has a future. I thought he was pretty good. Especially as a blocker.

I also like the move of Gustav to TE. If Mel is gonna keep him it sure as hell can't be at OLB. At 6'3" 223 he 's gonna need to gain the lbs.

The position even if Bounds comes back is pretty weak with both the chronically injured and projects that may never pan out. Probsbly need to bring the big grad xfer from Auburn in too.
That's plenty big for a kid coming in.

yeah, gotta look at frame. hard to tell for sure from the vids, but he looks like a guy with room to grow-- the dl dad is also a good sign for future physical growth. this would be another great pickup.

If I remember correctly he was limited to the A-10. Pretty much any ejection seat airplane will be off limits, but other airplanes are still an option.
I cannot imagine anyone near that size flying in a A-10. I sat in the cockpit and couldn't come close to shutting the canopy.

I cannot imagine anyone near that size flying in a A-10. I sat in the cockpit and couldn't come close to shutting the canopy.
His wikipedia page says he flew the A-10's in the Gulf war. They may have had a different ejection seat back then or he weighed a lot less as the current seat limits are 211 lbs naked body weight according to a 2002 USAF body accommodation report I found. I know the seats we had in our airplane were limited to 275 lbs fully laden. The only height requirements for ours is that you just have to be below the top of the seat and your legs have to be able to clear the panel, so it is seated height/length that is important.

His wikipedia page says he flew the A-10's in the Gulf war. They may have had a different ejection seat back then or he weighed a lot less as the current seat limits are 211 lbs naked body weight according to a 2002 USAF body accommodation report I found. I know the seats we had in our airplane were limited to 275 lbs fully laden. The only height requirements for ours is that you just have to be below the top of the seat and your legs have to be able to clear the panel, so it is seated height/length that is important.
I'm not doubting it. My legs fit, my upper body was too wide.

Back