What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA CB KJ Trujillo (SIGNED to COLORADO)

breakin-2-electric-boogaloo-gif-9.gif

YES ! The Buffs are getting better with each great commit. W.T.T.F. and Colorado.

Some good nuggets in Howell's article here.
CU's sixth commitment for the 2019 class, Trujillo has a dozen other offers, including from Oregon, Oregon State, Colorado State and Iowa State. CU is the only school he has visited officially, however, and said, "I'm pretty set. This is it for me."
Now that he's committed to CU, Trujillo said he's hoping to get another good friend to join him: Orange Lutheran teammate Kyle Ford, a four-star receiver.
"I talk to him about it probably every single day, literally," Trujillo said. "Even before I knew I wanted to go to Colorado, we talked about it like, 'Man, let's go to Colorado together.'
"I'm going to be on him."

This may be better in another thread. But I really truly believe getting Evans early and a few others is helping CU recruit more than anything. These kids recruit each other and if you can get some big time recruits early in the process, you can create a snowball effect. We’re starting to see what a few good cycles can do with landing more and more kids.

This may be better in another thread. But I really truly believe getting Evans early and a few others is helping CU recruit more than anything. These kids recruit each other and if you can get some big time recruits early in the process, you can create a snowball effect. We’re starting to see what a few good cycles can do with landing more and more kids.

Momentum in recruiting does matter.

Also seems like they are focusing on kids that not only have talent but that are also quality individuals. These are guys who will be positive forces on the practice field and in the meeting rooms and who will make being part of the team a good experience. The right kind of recruits will sense that and want to be a part of it.

Yup. And Evans has cred w a Bama offer!

He used the wrong hash. He's being recruited as a CB with the versatility to play S.

This it seems is part of the reason why MM has had so much success sending DBs to the league in recent years. KC is the last guy we sent to the league that is a "pure" CB or safety. The rest have their positions but have the ability to be nickels or to flex to other spots in the defensive backfield.

KJ seems to fit that mold, a CB who can be more than just a CB.

This is the second 2019 Buff verbal commit from here in Orange County ( from the Trinity League, arguably one of the best HS leagues in the country, top to bottom). This goes along with 2018 signee Clyde Moore (Corona Del Mar) and current Buff Tyler Lytle (Servite of the Trinity League). There is a gold mine of local talent here and this only tends to feed itself. KJ's commitment made the local press. Check it out:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/...lorado/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Back