What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA CB KJ Trujillo (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Direct link to 247 article - https://247sports.com/Article/DB-KJ-Trujillo-talks-status-of-his-Colorado-commitment--124961107/

"
“It’s crazy how fast things change,” Trujillo said. “I just talked to coach Mac on Wednesday and he said all the rumors weren’t true so it’s a little disappointing. I need to sit down with my dad and talk things over and see what we’re going to do next.

“I have a lot of schools who have been hitting me up though. I don’t want to name names right now but I still have four official visits I can take and I’m going to check out a few schools for sure. I’m not sure where yet, like I said, I need to talk it over with my dad, this all still pretty new for me.”

Trujillo said he still has strong interest in Colorado as well.

“I definitely still like Colorado,” Trujillo said. “I want to see who they bring in as the new head coach and what assistants stick around. I’m still going to take some trips though, I need to cover myself here but there were a lot of reasons why I committed to Colorado other than just the head coach so I still have strong interest there."
"

Direct link to 247 article - https://247sports.com/Article/DB-KJ-Trujillo-talks-status-of-his-Colorado-commitment--124961107/

"
“It’s crazy how fast things change,” Trujillo said. “I just talked to coach Mac on Wednesday and he said all the rumors weren’t true so it’s a little disappointing. I need to sit down with my dad and talk things over and see what we’re going to do next.

“I have a lot of schools who have been hitting me up though. I don’t want to name names right now but I still have four official visits I can take and I’m going to check out a few schools for sure. I’m not sure where yet, like I said, I need to talk it over with my dad, this all still pretty new for me.”

Trujillo said he still has strong interest in Colorado as well.

“I definitely still like Colorado,” Trujillo said. “I want to see who they bring in as the new head coach and what assistants stick around. I’m still going to take some trips though, I need to cover myself here but there were a lot of reasons why I committed to Colorado other than just the head coach so I still have strong interest there."
"

I can respect that. If I were his parent I’d tell him to listen to other schools while waiting to find out what happens at CU.

I wonder how much the assistants know about the coaching search and what they are sharing with the recruits?
I doubt they know much and would be absolutely sure they are not sharing specifics.
They are auditioning to a point. A new HC will bring his guys, but will also have some spots to fill. They are not only auditioning but looking for positive references. Remember that some of these guys won't be released immediately. They can be used to get out there and get the word out to recruits to keep them from signing early with other teams until all of our pieces are in place.

I doubt they know much and would be absolutely sure they are not sharing specifics.
They are auditioning to a point. A new HC will bring his guys, but will also have some spots to fill. They are not only auditioning but looking for positive references. Remember that some of these guys won't be released immediately. They can be used to get out there and get the word out to recruits to keep them from signing early with other teams until all of our pieces are in place.
No doubt that they wouldn’t name any names. For sure. I’d think more like, “I can tell you that you are going to be pumped! CU is committed to being elite.”

No doubt that they wouldn’t name any names. For sure. I’d think more like, “I can tell you that you are going to be pumped! CU is committed to being elite.”
They would probably say that if they knew nothing. Recruiting is sales!

He's showing 3 visits including Utah State and SDSU. Seems like interest from Cal as well, not sure why he's bothering to visit USU this weekend.

Last edited:
As can be seen in my post above, that Instagram, which listed, if I remember, 6 potential schools (including the Buffs) has been deleted. The new one, that doesn't mention any particular school(s), is below. (In case that Insta goes away, he's planning on signing tomorrow at 7:00 PM (edit) PT).

Last edited:
As can be seen in my post above, that Instagram, which listed, if I remember, 6 potential schools (including the Buffs) has been deleted. The new one, that doesn't mention any particular school(s), is below. (In case that Insta goes away, he's planning on signing tomorrow at 7:00 PM MT).

7pm pacific.

Adam CB'd for us last night. :cool:
CB_Base_Station.jpg

Back