What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA DT Jacob Bandes (Signed to Washington)

Very doubtful it is us.

He has only officially visited us right? The 'experts' assume he wants to go to Washington or UCLA right?

My evidence...
He visits us and then suddenly decides to move up his commitment date before he sees any other campuses when there was no pressure from anyone else to make him do so.

This can only be good news for our potential. Maybe I'm wrong. But he might just be playing his cards close to the vest to level up his surprise value.

Either way, we'll know soon!

He has only officially visited us right? The 'experts' assume he wants to go to Washington or UCLA right?

My evidence...
He visits us and then suddenly decides to move up his commitment date before he sees any other campuses when there was no pressure from anyone else to make him do so.

This can only be good news for our potential. Maybe I'm wrong. But he might just be playing his cards close to the vest to level up his surprise value.

Obviously respect Duff's recruiting knowledge, but **** it - life needs some optimism! I'm with you man. He's COMING TO CU! Let's go Buffs! We need another DL bad.

He said in an article whoever he commits to Friday will be the only school he will take an official to. Since he has already visited Colorado that doesn't sound good. I'm hoping he commits to UW and it's pointing in that direction but I still see Cal as a huge threat and I could see him commit there as well.

He said in an article whoever he commits to Friday will be the only school he will take an official to. Since he has already visited Colorado that doesn't sound good. I'm hoping he commits to UW and it's pointing in that direction but I still see Cal as a huge threat and I could see him commit there as well.
No offense, but whenever I see your posts, it reminds me of this goofball.

retired_jerseys_sikma.jpg

It's gonna be UW, but he brought up that Clemson is also recruiting him very hard. No mention of us!

My evidence...

Just to be clear, he did not suddenly move up his commitment date after visiting us. That visit was nearly two months ago.

My evidence...

I’ve had a few kool-aid colored drinks in Hawaii the last week but none were strong enough for this thought process.

Will be a shock if it's not UW. I think, unfortunately for CU, that in this case the fact that he's deciding with 4 of his officials left to take mean he's made up his mind for another program. It's counter intuitive, I know. It's "well known" his mom has been pushing him to UW for a long time.

Will be a shock if it's not UW. I think, unfortunately for CU, that in this case the fact that he's deciding with 4 of his officials left to take mean he's made up his mind for another program. It's counter intuitive, I know. It's "well known" his mom has been pushing him to UW for a long time.
That's what I'm thinking. The mom influence plus Petersen generally being aggressive about saying he won't hold a spot for anyone and taking the first guy to pop from among a few candidates he'd be happy with. Between those 2 factors, UW makes sense with Bandes moving up his commitment date.

That's what I'm thinking. The mom influence plus Petersen generally being aggressive about saying he won't hold a spot for anyone and taking the first guy to pop from among a few candidates he'd be happy with. Between those 2 factors, UW makes sense with Bandes moving up his commitment date.
My question is who are those other guys and have we offered them

My question is who are those other guys and have we offered them
If Jacob commits that will leave 1 spot left. Other guys are
- Stephon Wright (Leading)
- Siaki Ika (Long shot but will take an official to UW but he is most likely going to Alabama)
- Faatui Tuitele (He doesn't talk so nobody really knows but rumor is that we are top 2 with Alabama and he is visiting Dec 15 which is our biggest recruiting weekend)
- Laiatu Latu (In top 3 and he also will be visiting Dec 15)

- Siaki Ika (Long shot but will take an official to UW but he is most likely going to Alabama)
- Faatui Tuitele (He doesn't talk so nobody really knows but rumor is that we are top 2 with Alabama and he is visiting Dec 15 which is our biggest recruiting weekend)
Wow. Now that’s how you recruit DL...

I'd be a satisfied man if we closed three of these five (y)

Wow. Now that’s how you recruit DL...
Yeah UW DL coach is a great recruiter. When Chris Peterson first got here they asked him what is the most important thing you will have to do to have the success you want and he said getting DL. Said it's real simple they have to recruit game changers on the DL if they want to contend. So UW puts a huge emphasis on recruiting both OL and DL but especially DL since they are so hard to come by.

Huge pick up for my huskies. With him enrolling early, I expect him to be in the d-line rotation his freshman year. Leaves one more spot open for the d-line before we are done.

Back