What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA OLB Henry To'oto'o (Signed to Tennessee)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

uq7d0ntczxozkpvu51jo

De La Salle HS (Concord, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/henrytootoo1

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 210
40:

247s rating: 4* - 96 grade; #3 OLB (#33 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 85 grade; #5 OLB (#52 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.9rr; #3 ILB (#64 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9816 / #2 OLB / #38 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, California, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, San Jose State, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
Another guy signing in February that CU should start recruiting. Drives me crazy how many guys like this didn't seem to get much effort from our Buffs coaching staff.

Another guy signing in February that CU should start recruiting. Drives me crazy how many guys like this didn't seem to get much effort from our Buffs coaching staff.

I know. It always kind of felt like they played down our chances and went after targets they thought they could land.

Not saying this is the case here, but how much of the previous staff's effort after initial offers was related to the likelyhood of admission to the university. Some schools with more lenient standards may pursue kids harder than others when there is a question. If that is true I would expect the new staff to also behave similarly.

Not saying this is the case here, but how much of the previous staff's effort after initial offers was related to the likelyhood of admission to the university. Some schools with more lenient standards may pursue kids harder than others when there is a question. If that is true I would expect the new staff to also behave similarly.

It is not a big issue with the vast majority of offers CU makes. It is a very dated excuse.

This is why Barrett Miller is going to Stanford. CU said he couldn't get through admissions. FACT.

CU is not as hard to get into as some think

Seems that MM was always looking for the diamond in the rough. With his success in getting Chido and Tedric Thompson, I think he overestimated how often he would strike gold doing that.

We do realize CU accepts 75% of applicants these days. Not what it used to be.
I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, so I’ll make the comment here :). If we really want to have a successful AD, we should really be trying to be the resort version of KSUjc in the Pac 12. Whether through tough admission standards, or due to self imposed recruiting restrictions, we have historically had a hard time getting kids admitted to CU. For a variety of reasons, the reasons behind that issue are long gone. Meanwhile, CU has identified that with the lack of state funding, admitting more out of state students is a path by which they can grow revenue. Still an amazing education opportunity, but CU is reknown for the quality of experience among kids living on the west coast, Midwest, east coast, and Texas. Embrace that and stop thinking we are the top echelon in education....that was true when we were in the Big 12....but far from it in the PAC 12. Let’s act like it, sell it, and get the great athletes in here (even if they are borderline qualifiers. :)

Back