What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA OT Jason Rodriguez (Signed to USC)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

14_7522727.jpg

Oak Hills HS (Hesperia, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bamfrod_75

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 326
40:

247s rating: 4* - 91 grade; #25 OT (#228 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 84 grade; #11 OT (#84 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.9rr; #16 OT (#101 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9470 / #14 OT / #119 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, California, Colorado State, Florida, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, SDSU, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
what does it take to get more stars? offers?
Generally, having more offers from higher profile schools will help to gain more stars. Rodriguez actually has moved up to a 4* on Rivals so I updated the op to reflect that.

Would love to have him fo sho. Needs some coaching on technique, hes about 30-40% bigger than his assignment on almost every highlight.

USC is the one program in the Pac-12 that I don't worry about in recruiting. They're gonna get theirs. We just have to get ours.

True of 120 other FBS programs.
That's true but the frustrating part is CU could significantly close the gap in recruiting with different people running the football program. Will we ever compete in the top 10 in recruiting every year like USC, no probably not but being ranked in the 50's is unacceptable. Until they change the coach they will continue to lose to USC on and off the field.

I know too many high school friends that went to USC, don’t really get football, and yet get to cheer for a solid team every year, no matter how much it underperforms. I can’t stand USC.

That's true but the frustrating part is CU could significantly close the gap in recruiting with different people running the football program. Will we ever compete in the top 10 in recruiting every year like USC, no probably not but being ranked in the 50's is unacceptable. Until they change the coach they will continue to lose to USC on and off the field.
We haven't been in the 50s for the past couple years and this year is off to a very solid start.

I think we need to be Top 30 at a minimum and should be Top 20. That's basically top half to top third of P5 programs. This is the year CU needs to break through to that.

We haven't been in the 50s for the past couple years and this year is off to a very solid start.

I think we need to be Top 30 at a minimum and should be Top 20. That's basically top half to top third of P5 programs. This is the year CU needs to break through to that.
It’s easy to look at the DL recruiting and come to the conclusion that our recruiting has been poor the last couple years. When you look more closely, you see that recruiting has been very solid outside of DL (maybe RB and TE have been less than stellar, but we have a few that might change that now). Shore that part up and we might be on to something.

I agree they need to breakthrough this year and it needs to be a consistent top 30 class every year. With the right coach I think they could be top 20 every year. Looking at 247 for the 2018 class it looks like they were 52nd nationally and 10th in the conference. That isn't good enough. Nowhere close.

I agree they need to breakthrough this year and it needs to be a consistent top 30 class every year. With the right coach I think they could be top 20 every year. Looking at 247 for the 2018 class it looks like they were 52nd nationally and 10th in the conference. That isn't good enough. Nowhere close.
Probably shouldn't look at class ranks in April. They're worthless right now. :D

Lance Carl said. "We have to have a little more patience as fans and alums for what our student athletes do on the field.“

There is always a coach out there that can recruit better than the current coach. Just like the 3rd team QB could be an NFL QB if only coach would put him in the game 4th Q. Uncle Rico anyone?

Back