What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO ATH Aidan Cullen (Signed to CSU)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

6119972_1de0283405a14dc3936eb1cab8528ae8.jpg

Palmer Ridge HS (Monument, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/aidancullen78

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 240
40: 4.96

247s rating: 3* - 82 grade; #94 WDE
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 2* - 5.4rr; unranked SDE

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: Air Force, CSU, New Mexico, Wyoming, FCS

Last edited:
Chev, Adams and Drake plus Hall are all following.

This is one to watch. Cullen protects Ty Evans' blind side, but he played at 220 lbs as a junior. Been working with McChesney at Six Zero and the Buffs are have a close eye on him. Could very well materialize as an offer the way it did for Heston Paige.

His profile pic reminds me of CU’s “Linebacker-U” days, when 6’4”-6’5”, 235-250 seemed normal. Sure looks like he could add the weight for OL.

Edit: Between this year and next, we could dedicate a chunk of our schollies to "Aidans" only, and do ok.

Last edited:
Is it likely that he’d be able to put on 40-50+ lbs in the next year? Highly doubt it, and because of that, I can’t possibly see him as a scholarship candidate, especially with the OL talent in CO in this year’s and next years class.

If Aidan keeps grinding away in that Dungeon, he'll easily be as big as this guy by the time he starts his Freshman campaign.

15345_1176143732246_1487679394_30435832_4730934_n.jpg

Is it likely that he’d be able to put on 40-50+ lbs in the next year? Highly doubt it, and because of that, I can’t possibly see him as a scholarship candidate, especially with the OL talent in CO in this year’s and next years class.
This is on topic with something that I brought up in a different thread.....

This kid is big, strong and lean. I see him as being a pretty damn good OG prospect. He has good feet, moves well, and has a nasty streak. This is just my personal opinion, but I would much rather see us offer this kid as an OG over other prospects that we have offers out to at the same position that happen to be 20-30 lbs heavier. He'll gain the weight pretty quickly, and has a much higher ceiling in my opinion. There is also a shot that he could turn into a good 5 tech prospect as an alternative/back up plan....where, that isn't true with other guys. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
If weight is the only thing we are concerned about, we shouldn’t be concerned at all. That’s what the S&C program is for.

I know Issac Miller had injury issues that forced him out, but there’s a great example of a guy who came out of high school very thin but put on good weight in a relatively short period.

Tl:Dr version: I wouldn’t worry about his weight if all the other boxes are checked.

If weight is the only thing we are concerned about, we shouldn’t be concerned at all. That’s what the S&C program is for.

I know Issac Miller had injury issues that forced him out, but there’s a great example of a guy who came out of high school very thin but put on good weight in a relatively short period.

Tl:Dr version: I wouldn’t worry about his weight if all the other boxes are checked.
I think at this time, they may just be in on more talented players at the moment. You can’t take them all.

His mom just followed me on twitter and DM'd me to let me know that Aidan is attending the CU camp this month.

I know there's debate since he's not 300 lbs and from the CA Trinity League competition level, so some of you worry about how quickly he could be ready to compete. And that does make him a bit higher risk. But I really like what I've seen and am hoping he earns an offer this month.

I am changing his profile to ATH.

Just about everyone recruiting him is doing so for defense, with some school projecting as "could play either DE or OT depending on how his body develops".

I believe that Aidan wanted to play defense and this was a good opportunity for him, particularly with CSU changing its scheme.

Sounds like the goats got a good one. It was bound to happen eventually.

Back