What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO ATH Luke McCaffrey (Signed to Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

6_4125333.jpg

Valor Christian HS (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mccaffrey_luke

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 183
40: 4.64

247s rating: 3* - 89 grade; #33 ATH (#359 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 83 grade; #9 QB-D (#164 overall)
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #39 ATH

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9061 rating / #19 ATH / #269 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Colorado State, Duke, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio State, UCLA, Washington, Western Kentucky, Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff from @KyleM. about the latest McCaffrey:

I'll create a profile for Luke, he can ball already. He destroyed Poudre last weekend in the Fort.

“It was coach [Darrin] Chiaverini that I talked to directly. He just said he’d love to have me there, just congratulating me on my offer, talking about the school,” McCaffrey said of landing a recent CU offer, his first. “Any time an in-state school is interest in me that’s an incredible thing. Especially now with their program on the rise, they’re starting to get a lot of good players. The fact that CU is looking at me, I’m very honored.”

CU first to offer 2019 ATH Luke McCaffrey

Luke is the 4th of 4. All ballers. He's a very versatile offensive player. I don't know if he ends up at QB.

Mods - I would consider changing his position to ATH as he doesn't play QB and probably won't next year unless he transfers from Valor (something I heard could be a possibility). Stenstrom is their guy next year and if he does stay with Valor, he'd have to wait until his Senior year to have the QB position full time. By that time, it could be too late for big time D1 programs to offering him as a pure QB. Not saying he won't get a shot to compete at the position in college, but I don't think that's what he'll be recruited as.

Picked up a 3* rating from scout, a 4* rating from Rivals and the offers continue to roll in.

Please don’t tweet at him or the family. Frost and his QB coach confirmed that Luke is their QB for this class and that’s not a position we were offering him for. We have our QB, Nebraska now has theirs. It’s all good and shouldn’t hurt like Dylan or Christian’s decisions.

He wants to play QB. He wasn't likely to get that chance at many other P5 schools, Frost runs a system that fits his skills.

I don't hold anything against him, CU wasn't going to offer him as a QB.

Wishing him luck though may be in order. There isn't much indication that Nebraska is going to magically start recruiting at a level that will allow them to compete with the majority of the B1G. Frost's offense relies on creating situations where he can win talent battles, that isn't going to happen much for them and that OL could be dreadful. Frost's offense also isn't designed to come from behind and that defense will insure that they are behind a lot and playing out of their preferred style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back