What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO OG Jake Wiley (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

7692009_0f9bce6e467e450886c4b953263d942c.jpg

Eaglecrest HS (Centennial, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jake_Wiley14

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 277
40:

247s rating: 3* - 82 grade; #96 OG
ESPN rating: 3* - 76 grade; #57 OG
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked OT

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8385 / #67 OG / #1378 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, UNLV, Washington State, FCS

Last edited:
They seem to have a high opinion of our recruiting...even though we haven’t produced a noteworthy OL in almost 20 years.

They're not following our recruiting. They have offered basically every potential P5 OL prospect in the state over the next two years.

They seem to have a high opinion of our recruiting...even though we haven’t produced a noteworthy OL in almost 20 years.
Really?
Seems some clarification is needed for the self-immolationists. Two of the highest paid starting left tackles in the NFL are Buffs. There have been a few others in the past decade who seem "noteworthy," too. Shake your negative vibe, man. We're going to be fine sooner than later.

Go Buffs!

Last edited:
Definitely seems to be more of a trend this year for out-of-state schools to wait to offer until immediately after the in-state school offers in order to minimize the hype and excitement around the local offer.

I tried to find the connection to the state with their OL coach, but came up empty. He must have some connection with McChesney.
I'm pretty sure the connection is Hammerschmidt, long time CSU guy. While he has the safeties, I think he's recruiting Colorado, has deep ties, and the states top prospects are OL in general.

At that height, it would seem like he should project better as an OT.

Or are 6’6” guards the new normal?

Ideally you'd want an OL with as much height and arm length as you can get. fwiw, I thought Cody O'Connell at Wazzu was the best OG in the conference last year and he was about 6'9".

I think he lacks the lateral agility and foot speed necessary to corral those damn-speedy edge rushers and keep them along the perimeter of the pocket. Interior line seems his forte, where he can create rushing lanes and push dudes off the line. I think he'd be a good OG too, just not an OT. Like his violence, and would love to see what he could do to larger Dlinemen.

Dan Skipper was a really good Guard at Arkansas at almost 6’10-6’11. You don’t have to have length at Guard, like you do Tackle, but if a guy is a really good player but not quite athletic enough to be a Tackle, the length inside is great.

Dan Skipper was a really good Guard at Arkansas at almost 6’10-6’11. You don’t have to have length at Guard, like you do Tackle, but if a guy is a really good player but not quite athletic enough to be a Tackle, the length inside is great.
For CU, Ryan Miller was damn good as a guard after some health issues limited his ability to play tackle.

I thought Skipper played OT at Arky.

Not that it matters, really. It just struck me as odd that a guy that height would project at OG.

In the end I don’t really care where he plays so long as he’s kicking some poor schmuck’s ass.

I thought Skipper played OT at Arky.

Not that it matters, really. It just struck me as odd that a guy that height would project at OG.

In the end I don’t really care where he plays so long as he’s kicking some poor schmuck’s ass.
He played all over their OL but he was a better Guard, iirc

I think Wiley's the guy that the guys like Adam are most interested to see perform at the CU camp this month. Almost nothing was known about him before he got the CU offer and then started collecting more P5 offers.

Back