What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8430080.jpg

Palmer Ridge HS (Monument, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvansTy18

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 192
40: 4.98 (4.37 shuttle)

247s rating: 3* - 89 grade; #11 QB-P (#375 overall)
ESPN rating: 3* - 79 grade; #20 QB-P
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #14 QB-P

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8830 rating / #16 QB-P / #436 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, CSU, Kansas State, Michigan, NC State, Northwestern, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Texas A&M

Last edited:
Lindgren, Chev & Corey Hall (CU Recruiting Assistant) all following. Looks like he's blowing up into a national recruit with Notre Dame, Washington and Ohio State kicking the tires, among others.

Buffs need to get a QB Coach hired and turn up the heat on recruiting Evans. Getting him on board along with Davis would be a perfect way to lead this class. Like in the previous couple years, getting a couple top local guys on board early makes a huge difference because they can come up and help sell the program to other recruits every time there's an unofficial or official visitor.

Here is a bold prediction.

When we look back in five years, everyone will agree that Ty Evans was be the best quarterback to come out of Colorado high school preps......EVER....

I watched some of his games this year and the kid is that good....oh and yes, I have seen other good QB's, in fact I've seen all of them. Not a one of them is worth of being this guys water boy. Some of you are looking for a unicorn....well boys and girls, Ty should be it.

Updated the profile OP to the format I'm going to use for 2019 and beyond. Over the holiday break, I'll work on getting all the profiles into this format and re-doing the databases for 2019 and 2020.

When we look back in five years, everyone will agree that Ty Evans was be the best quarterback to come out of Colorado high school preps......EVER....

I watched some of his games this year and the kid is that good....oh and yes, I have seen other good QB's, in fact I've seen all of them. Not a one of them is worth of being this guys water boy. Some of you are looking for a unicorn....well boys and girls, Ty should be it.

Just wondering who you've seen. I assume you're including Colter, Hinder, Miles, Holland, etc...but how about Clement? Musgrave?

Just wondering who you've seen. I assume you're including Colter, Hinder, Miles, Holland, etc...but how about Clement? Musgrave?
Yes and yes to both Clement and Musgrave. This young man is better today than either were as seniors. His offer list is going to grow exponentially.

Keep this on the DL, 'Rito and the little people are not to be trifled with (or overestimated).

Hope you're right and we land Evans!

Ty Evans is the biggest priority as a recruit that I can remember CU having in-state.

Even when Evans was on the Razorbacks' commitment list, the Buffaloes kept him as a top priority recruit for 2019.

"I actually went up to CU last weekend, just to reconnect with the coaches and talk about the offense a little bit," Evans said. “We went up there and the purpose was to go over what they are trying to do scheme wise and where I would fit with that.

"They kept expressing interest in me, saying, 'We want you to be a Buff.' I love it up there so it is definitely a very viable option. CU is high on my list. (Co-offensive coordinator and receivers) coach (Darrin) Chiaverini and I talk about once a week, and I have been talking with (head) coach (Mike) MacIntyre a fair share, too.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Talen...oes-Interest-and-Future-Visit-Plans-112622450

Would it be crazy to hire this kids head coach to come in as his QB coach? It’s not an unprecedented move.

Ty Evans is the biggest priority as a recruit that I can remember CU having in-state.

I guess Marcus Houston was so long ago that 35 year old dudes don’t remember him. Houston was the #1 rated RB recruit in the nation and even Bobby Bowden did an in-home visit. I get that Evans is a QB, I wonder where he will rank nationally and what teams will offer; Arkansas level programs or big time level programs.

I don’t know anything about this kid, could be a 12 year NFL starter. That said, he is a CO prep QB so it is hard to know how good he is. I get nervous taking CO prep QB’s two years in a row.

I guess Marcus Houston was so long ago that 35 year old dudes don’t remember him. Houston was the #1 rated RB recruit in the nation and even Bobby Bowden did an in-home visit. I get that Evans is a QB, I wonder where he will rank nationally and what teams will offer; Arkansas level programs or big time level programs.

I don’t know anything about this kid, could be a 12 year NFL starter. That said, he is a CO prep QB so it is hard to know how good he is. I get nervous taking CO prep QB’s two years in a row.
Yeah. I remember CU fans exploding when he announced on the radio that he was signing with CU.

Craig Ochs was also a highly coveted, nationally ranked player. He may not have been as high as Houston, but just saying.

Another highly ranked, national player was Jeff Byers, but I don't think CU ever really had a chance with him. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was leaning out of state almost from the onset. As a C, Byers was at times ranked in the top 5 players in the nation.

Put down the bottle, hoss. He's an intriguing prospect, but c'mon.

Another highly ranked, national player was Jeff Byers, but I don't think CU ever really had a chance with him. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was leaning out of state almost from the onset. As a C, Byers was at times ranked in the top 5 players in the nation.

Barnett waited until USC and other blue chip programs offered. He just didn’t believe in Byers.

This young man is a really good player. I don't want to get into the comparison part because so many things can happen. I'd love to have him at CU though.

I’m unfortunately with Big Jim on this. Intrigued by him as a prospect but the CO prep competition is suspect at the 5A level, let alone 3A. This is one situation where I wouldn’t mind seeing some “offer validation” from some elite programs.

Definitely get those concerns, but I actually have more confidence in Evans than I did in Stenstrom at the time he committed. He has gone to camps and performed well (not a coincidence his first two offers were from Arkansas and CU). He also impressed at the Notre Dame camp in July. That shows to me he is backing up the hype by showing he at least can hold his own in some talented settings.

This seems like the opposite of Austin Hinder from some years back. That seemed like a case where a bunch of schools offered without doing much due diligence.

Definitely get those concerns, but I actually have more confidence in Evans than I did in Stenstrom at the time he committed. He has gone to camps and performed well (not a coincidence his first two offers were from Arkansas and CU). He also impressed at the Notre Dame camp in July. That shows to me he is backing up the hype by showing he at least can hold his own in some talented settings.

This seems like the opposite of Austin Hinder from some years back. That seemed like a case where a bunch of schools offered without doing much due diligence.
That’d be great and from the sounds of it, CU is pushing hard for him to be their guy in 2019. I’m no QB talent evaluator, so I’ll trust the process.

As much as I'm high on Evans, I hope we still let the new QB coach make his own evaluations. If he deems Evans his top target then fair enough, especially since he probably wouldn't carry any bias.

I can agree with this but unless there is some real reason not to go after Evans he would be an important get for CU.

Part of this is the importance on the field of the QB position. Another part though is that QBs are the guys who get the attention. If as we think Evans is a national level recruit at QB it would be good for the program from an attention standpoint to sign him

When a Colorado QB goes out of state, even if he doesn't end up doing well like Hindler, it just feeds the perception that CU is an afterthought program.

Back