What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Was it Ochs dad that was kind of a problem or do I have him mixed up with someone else? I don't recall, for sure.

Yes, somewhat. If I recall correctly, Ochs was the one who allegedly had his prayer interrupted by Barnett. Family had ties to Montana and he transferred in a huff.

Playoffs.
BVVq.gif

Damn. Kid decomits from Arky after a coaching change, commits to CU. Decomits after a coaching change. Commits to NCSU only to have his OC leave less than a week after he commits. He needs to just figure out where Roper is going.

Heh. Yeah. That too.

I wonder if he could commit to CU again. Does he still have an offer here? This reminds me of the Brock Berglund drama.

I really doubt he gets promoted. He hasn't had a successful season as an OC (or really, even as a QB coach) since he was at Duke in 2013.
Yeah, I was thinking that analyst job would open up when that guy follows to App State!

I guess CU may have dodged another in-state bullet like with Berglund.

I don't know about that man. Ty seemed like a soft-spoken, nice kid in my 20 minutes of creepily observing their family at the airport. Granted kids are going to be different, sometimes WAY different, away from their parents, but Ty didn't reek of some douchey vibe. I know it's unfair to say Berglund did when I never met the guy... ...but this is a ****ing internet message board, so yeah, I'm going to say it seemed that Berglund was a little high on himself via all his announcements on twitter. Ty just seems to want the best coaching...can't fault his reasoning.

I like handle-based sarcasm. But seriously, knocking Evans for circumstances out of his control is more than a little out of line.

Spicy takes are the best takes!
Seriously, it's like we all have to be callers to the Jim Rome show or something these days. Have a take and don't suck!

Evans is a good kid. He comes from a strong family. They're trying to make the best decision for his future. Through no fault of their own, the plans they made got shat upon several times. I didn't see a bunch of Buffs fans pissed off when a coaching change caused Ty to break his previous commitment and pledge to CU. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
Seriously, it's like we all have to be callers to the Jim Rome show or something these days. Have a take and don't suck!

Evans is a good kid. He comes from a strong family. They're trying to make the best decision for his future. Through no fault of their own, the plans they made got shat upon several times. I didn't see a bunch of Buffs fans pissed off when a coaching change caused Ty to break his previous commitment and pledge to CU. Funny how that works.
Rack him!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Evans is a good kid. He comes from a strong family. They're trying to make the best decision for his future. Through no fault of their own, the plans the made got shat upon several times. I didn't see a bunch of Buffs fans pissed off when a coaching change caused Ty to break his previous commitment and pledge to CU. Funny how that works.
I have no ill will toward Ty or his family; I wish him luck wherever he goes. I just hate seeing a kid commit to 3 different schools specifically because of 3 different coaches and get burned 3 times. Fool me once yada, yada

I have no ill will toward Ty or his family; I wish him luck wherever he goes. I just hate seeing a kid commit to 3 different schools specifically because of 3 different coaches and get burned 3 times. Fool me once yada, yada
I agree. I think their expectations and the thought process for choosing a college program was too much wishful thinking. It's not likely you're going to find a place where the HC, OC and QB coach + system and depth chart projection are going to stay the same for 4 or 5 years. I get wanting to at least start out in the right situation, though. However, this line of thinking is also what leads to a quick transfer from a QB. I wouldn't expect Ty to take the Jalen Hurts approach to things in the future or to be someone willing to wait until his 4th or 5th year to become the starter.

He could very well turn out to be a very good QB for someone else, good kid so hope he does, that doesn't mean he would or wouldn't be for us.

It does seem like he has the patience to stick with something that is not working how he wants.

Would he be willing to sit behind somebody for a couple years.

I have a ton of sympathy the first time. Once you do it twice I tend to not have any. Wish him the best but glad he’s not a buff

I have a ton of sympathy the first time. Once you do it twice I tend to not have any. Wish him the best but glad he’s not a buff
I have no sympathy for you. I bet your girl is ugly. Always give up with the hot one. I won't say it's over until he signs.

Back