What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

I don't like seeing any recruits change their minds but they have to do what they think is right. I can't imagine if I was in that position at 16-18 years old and trying to make the right decision for my future. Heck, at that age I had absolutely no clue what life was all about let alone what I wanted my future to be. These kids are making decisions that will affect them for the rest of their lives, that's not an easy task to do. They do the best they can under the circumstances.

I don't like seeing any recruits change their minds but they have to do what they think is right. I can't imagine if I was in that position at 16-18 years old and trying to make the right decision for my future. Heck, at that age I had absolutely no clue what life was all about let alone what I wanted my future to be. These kids are making decisions that will affect them for the rest of their lives, that's not an easy task to do. They do the best they can under the circumstances.
Yep. And if a recruit and his parents don't decide that CU is the absolute best school to choose, I put the blame on our recruiters.

I agree. I think their expectations and the thought process for choosing a college program was too much wishful thinking. It's not likely you're going to find a place where the HC, OC and QB coach + system and depth chart projection are going to stay the same for 4 or 5 years. I get wanting to at least start out in the right situation, though. However, this line of thinking is also what leads to a quick transfer from a QB. I wouldn't expect Ty to take the Jalen Hurts approach to things in the future or to be someone willing to wait until his 4th or 5th year to become the starter.
So, why do I now think he'll be CSU's quarterback in 2021?

Curious to see what happens with this commit now that Coach Drinkwitz (OC/ QB) has left NC State to take the App. State HC position.

Seemed like a good young man. Is trying to find a school that will have a coach that can coach him up, but specifically a school that will run a system that he fits in. I get that.

If he doesn’t know now that that coach is gone what that school will run, he’s probably better served waiting for the Feb date and start college in the summer. If we run a system that he fits in, I hope we convince him to come back. If we don’t, then I’m glad he’s trying to find somewhere he will fit. Would suck to honor his commitment and then we run a system that means he sits in the bench with no shot to play. Not a good situation for either one of us.

I know the knee jerk reaction is because he wanted to enroll early and get a head start on training/coaching. But with this stability I think it’s be better for him to wait and find the right situation for him over somewhere to go to quickly.

yeah, i guess nc state really really really really wanted evans. it is almost like when one of those sec schools puts a 5 star's dad on the staff.

FWIW (not much!) him and his mom liked the flaming buffalo gif I left as a comment.

EDIT- His dad now too. Further bulletins as events warrant.

Last edited:
The timing of this announcement and Lytle’s would seem to indicate there’s a connection there. Or perhaps I’m reading too much into it.

Back