What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO RB Jeremy Hollingsworth (Verbal to Wyoming)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

20171007__08PRHOLLw~2.jpg

Skyline HS (Longmont, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hollinjeremy25

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 205
40:

247s rating: unrated RB
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating:

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: FCS

Hollingsworth is a guy that a number of our AB members have brought up as being very impressive if you've seen him play.

So far, the only guy from the CU staff following is defensive staffer Dalmin Gibson.

Hollingsworth dominated 4A last season and was one of the state's top RBs as a junior for Skyline.

Maxpreps
Rushing

YearGradeTeamGPCarYdsAvgY/GLng100+TD
Varsity Totals1121919138.7173.980931
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
He played for Niwot HS as a frosh and soph, rushing for over 1,000 yards on 157 carries his soph year.

Even if the FBS and P5 offers don't materialize, I think it would be hard to get him to pay his way as a PWO when his lower level offers include gettin college paid for at Cornell. I would have trouble advising a guy to give that up unless his parents are very wealthy, which changes a lot of the dynamics.

Even if the FBS and P5 offers don't materialize, I think it would be hard to get him to pay his way as a PWO when his lower level offers include gettin college paid for at Cornell. I would have trouble advising a guy to give that up unless his parents are very wealthy, which changes a lot of the dynamics.
Unless things have changed, the Ivy’s don’t give much, if any, scholarship dollars to football players.

Edit: No merit aid or athletic scholarshipsare awarded at Cornell; all grant aid is need-based. There is no minimum or maximum amount of gift aid that can be awarded. Outside scholarships replace loan or work components of the aid package, but do not reduce the parent contribution.

Clearly, buffnik has never visited Ithaca, New York.

Clearly, buffnik has never visited Ithaca, New York.
Actually have. Not just Cornell, but had friends from HS who went to Ithaca College who I visited. Other than the weather, I like upstate. Pretty up there. Just don't get caught outside in winter when the wind's blowing off Lakes Erie and Ontario (which is always :D).

Ivy schools give zero for "football scholarships" but they give plenty to football players. All "need based" but Cornell would be covering the cost of this kid's education.
Maybe. Not a sure thing. I have known plenty of kids who have played football at Ivy League schools and received nothing.

Unless things have changed, the Ivy’s don’t give much, if any, scholarship dollars to football players.

Edit: No merit aid or athletic scholarshipsare awarded at Cornell; all grant aid is need-based. There is no minimum or maximum amount of gift aid that can be awarded. Outside scholarships replace loan or work components of the aid package, but do not reduce the parent contribution.

My brother played football at Cornell. While they don’t officially give athletic scholarships, they definitely make sure you need that grant aid.

We have friends from church who have a son who just finished his first year at Cornell.

They aren't wealthy but they certainly aren't poor. He is doing pre-med and this aid covers all the cost of attending other than transportation to and from.

All based on aid. If they want you to play football, you get all the money you need.
Yeah, its really not that hard for Ivy league Schools. As Nik mentioned above, these Schools have gigantic endowments and have no problem giving financial aid to football players (not called football scholarships).

Kid had a great day today. 206 yards in the semi finals. Skyline beat Pine Creek last week.

He’s rushed for over 1500 yards this season. I don’t care what the competition is, that’s impressive. Somebody tell me why this kid only has FCS offers.

Kid had a great day today. 206 yards in the semi finals. Skyline beat Pine Creek last week.

He’s rushed for over 1500 yards this season. I don’t care what the competition is, that’s impressive. Somebody tell me why this kid only has FCS offers.

Haven't seen him play specifically so this may not apply but there are plenty of kids who have huge statistics in HS, even in higher classifications than he plays who are not P5 talents, the jump is huge when all the sudden every player opposite of you is bigger, stronger, faster, than the best athletes in your entire league and football is their passion.

Sometimes these guys prove the coaches wrong. Ryan Moeller wasn't much bigger than this kid and earned his scholarship and starting job for the Buffs coming out of a smaller school but coaches know that if they take too many chances on guys like this they are unemployed.

Haven't seen him play specifically so this may not apply but there are plenty of kids who have huge statistics in HS, even in higher classifications than he plays who are not P5 talents, the jump is huge when all the sudden every player opposite of you is bigger, stronger, faster, than the best athletes in your entire league and football is their passion.

Sometimes these guys prove the coaches wrong. Ryan Moeller wasn't much bigger than this kid and earned his scholarship and starting job for the Buffs coming out of a smaller school but coaches know that if they take too many chances on guys like this they are unemployed.
Valid. But sometimes some great players play small school football. Rahsaan Salaam, for instance. I’ve seen him play once this year. In the game I saw, he was a man against boys. Big, strong, elusive and fast. He sets up his blockers well and hits the hole hard. When there’s no hole, he makes one. Defenses keyed on him this year and he still got his yards. And 22 touchdowns.

Here’s an interesting thought: he plays in the same classification as our QB recruit. Skyline just beat Evans and Pine Creek last week in the playoffs.

Somebody is going to be happy they got this kid. I’m still amazed he doesn’t have better offers.

Valid. But sometimes some great players play small school football. Rahsaan Salaam, for instance. I’ve seen him play once this year. In the game I saw, he was a man against boys. Big, strong, elusive and fast. He sets up his blockers well and hits the hole hard. When there’s no hole, he makes one. Defenses keyed on him this year and he still got his yards. And 22 touchdowns.

Here’s an interesting thought: he plays in the same classification as our QB recruit. Skyline just beat Evans and Pine Creek last week in the playoffs.

Somebody is going to be happy they got this kid. I’m still amazed he doesn’t have better offers.

He isn't playing someplace that is hidden away from the college coaches, he has been seen.

When multiple college coaches think he isn't worth risking a scholarship then I tend to believe them. Yes there are plenty of exceptions but those guys jobs are based on their evaluation of talent.

No shame in being an outstanding FCS player. Maybe as we get closer to filling classes and teams don't get their first choices a MWC team will come in and offer him.

Evans plays for 3A Palmer Ridge

I think Moeller is a good measuring stick here, and in my opinion Hollingsworth doesn’t measure up.

Moeller was a touch quicker, a lot faster, and much more versatile. He was all over the field in HS whereas Hollingsworth has almost exclusively been 5 yards deep next to a QB in shotgun.

I would put a pre-broken leg Noah Roper way ahead of Hollingsworth of the local rb’s. I have no idea how bad his injury is, but that is a kid you take a flier on before this one.

Like Mtn said, there is no shame in that. He is undoubtedly better than anybody reading this!

Huh. Shows what I know. Egg on my face.
Not really. It kind of validates your point that it doesn’t matter what class or size of school these kids come from.
However, I don’t believe Hollingsworth is a D1 kid. If he wants to walk on for CU, I would take him in a heartbeat. Same with Roper as mentioned above. In fact, that’s the only think I wish CU did that the nubs do. Take a lot of in state walk ons if the kids want to.

Had a PWO offer from the previous staff. Also went for 205 and 2 TDs in the semis on Saturday. Why every FCS team is not busting down his door at this point is baffling. People have forgotten he ran for 1900 yds and 31 TDs last year.

Had a PWO offer from the previous staff. Also went for 205 and 2 TDs in the semis on Saturday. Why every FCS team is not busting down his door at this point is baffling. People have forgotten he ran for 1900 yds and 31 TDs last year.
I’m right there with you. This doesn’t make sense. Teams have been keying on him all year and he still went for 1500. Speed is not an issue for him. I don’t get it.

Back