What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 JC S Trustin Oliver (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Well, if Chev and Hagan were recruiting him, doesn't that mean the former (and current) staffs were recruiting him?
Head coach has final say on who is worth spending recruiting time on and he must have said to not spend time on Oliver. Asst coaches don’t have complete autonomy to offer and recruit whomever they would like

Last edited:

The minute I saw this picture, I immediately thought he looked just like 50. All my friends tell me I'm terrible at dopplegangers tho.

Edit: How to image?
50.jpg

hfFg8n

imgres

Any updates on this kid?

Apparently he has enrolled at a JUCO. I forget which one unfortunately. In any case, as a non qualifier out of high school, he will need to earn his associates degree before matriculating on to CU or anywhere else as a scholarship football player. If he makes his way back to CU, it would be in the 2021 season.

He enrolled at Iowa Western JC and is listed on their roster. They are a top program, currently undefeated. Not sure if/how he is playing.
247 had him at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi. https://247sports.com/Article/Color...coln-Junior-College-in-Mississippi-133332425/
However he is not listed on their roster https://www.colinathletics.com/sports/fball/2019-20/roster.

He isn't listed on the online Iowa Western roster either: http://www.goreivers.com/sports/fball/2019-20/roster
Perhaps he is redshirting and they may not list redshirts.

Iowa Western roster profile for Trustin Oliver
This is the league roster, not sure if it's more or less accurate than the school's own site you linked above...
I did some looking at their 2018 roster and 2019 roster and it appears that those that are listed as R-Fr on the 2019 roster do not appear on the 2018 roster, so I am assuming he redshirted to focus on academics and therefore isn't listed on the 2019 roster.

Unfortunately, for the non-qualifiers, there's a long list of guys who never make it to a 4-year school with the enhanced qualification standards required by the NCAA these days. Trustin grew up in a rough spot in Los Angeles iirc (Compton, or thereabouts) and is going to have to work his ass off to overcome some things in order to play D1. I hope he (and every kid who aspires to) is successful. But it's far from a slam dunk.

Hopefully, the support system is there in Council Bluffs (just across the river from Omaha) to assure that a kid who is willing to work hard can get it done. Lifechanging opportunity still ahead of him.

Unfortunately, for the non-qualifiers, there's a long list of guys who never make it to a 4-year school with the enhanced qualification standards required by the NCAA these days. Trustin grew up in a rough spot in Los Angeles iirc (Compton, or thereabouts) and is going to have to work his ass off to overcome some things in order to play D1. I hope he (and every kid who aspires to) is successful. But it's far from a slam dunk.

Hopefully, the support system is there in Council Bluffs (just across the river from Omaha) to assure that a kid who is willing to work hard can get it done. Lifechanging opportunity still ahead of him.
This is an underappreciated aspect of the junior colleges.

Sometimes, and not necessarily their fault, kids are not ready for a traditional four year college or university. They may not be ready academically (both in terms of knowledge and learning skills,) socially, or a combination of both.

A good JC can help bridge that gap and give them a chance to be successful at a four year school.

That question about using a RS can sometimes mean a kid gets three years at the JC to meet transfer requirements and be better prepared for the jr. and sr. years.

Back