What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC ILB Quinn Perry (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

Dyu0irlVsAEwaaJ.jpg

El Camino CC (Torrance, CA) \ Palisades HS (Pacific Palisades, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/qperry6
Instagram:

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 230
40:

247s rating: 2* - 78 grade; #17 ILB (#334 overall JUCO)
ESPN rating: 3*- 73 grade; #6 ILB
Rivals rating: 3*- 5.5rr; unranked ILB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8190 / #11 ILB / #210 overall JC

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Akron, Hawaii, New Mexico, Old Dominion, UTSA, FCS Offer

Last edited:
Don't care about stars or offers. I watched the film without even looking at that. This guy is a player. Very athletic. Bouncy / quick twitch. Nose for the ball. Closes very fast. Reminds me a lot of Jon Major before the injuries (just not as tall).

Hard for me to tell, but is he better than Gamboa (being serious not sarcastic; Gamboa was a descent player, but not a guy that is helping us beat SC)? He looks to be about the same size.

3 to play 2? Landman is likely out in a year...
MT has to plug holes. ILB is one.

Last edited:
Hard for me to tell, but is he better than Gamboa (being serious not sarcastic; Gamboa was a descent player, but not a guy that is helping us beat SC)? He looks to be about the same size.
Gamboa was that size and had the athleticism of a Jeff Smart. Guys like that make a lot of tackles but don't change games. Reliable, but limited. Perry seems to me to be more like a Major or Dizon or Drew Lewis with his closing burst & athleticism.

Don't care about stars or offers. I watched the film without even looking at that. This guy is a player. Very athletic. Bouncy / quick twitch. Nose for the ball. Closes very fast. Reminds me a lot of Jon Major before the injuries (just not as tall).
I see Jordan Kunaszyk (sp?) from Cal’s JUCO tape when I watch Quinn.

His play recognition stands out big time
That's one thing to really like about his position in rugby and that background. He's all about diagnosing, finding a way through the muck, and then getting the guy with the ball to the ground. Hard to tell with just a highlight tape, but I expect that he is a reliable tackler -- a big issue with the 2017 and 2018 defenses.

That's one thing to really like about his position in rugby and that background. He's all about diagnosing, finding a way through the muck, and then getting the guy with the ball to the ground. Hard to tell with just a highlight tape, but I expect that he is a reliable tackler -- a big issue with the 2017 and 2018 defenses.
Also sounds like a combo of splitting focus on rugby/football and poor grades kept him from really realizing potential. Big body for in the middle also. We need depth and size on defense, check and check..

Like Nik said he's very quick, quick twitch and bouncy, but his actual sideline to sideline speed looks a little slow especially considering that the competition he faced is not fast competition like P5 football and he didn't stand out with actual speed at all. I think he can make up for a lot of that with his quickness and how he closes on the ball. If he diagnoses plays well, I see a better athlete with the same size as Gamboa.

Like Nik said he's very quick, quick twitch and bouncy, but his actual sideline to sideline speed looks a little slow especially considering that the competition he faced is not fast competition like P5 football and he didn't stand out with actual speed at all. I think he can make up for a lot of that with his quickness and how he closes on the ball. If he diagnoses plays well, I see a better athlete with the same size as Gamboa.
I wish there was a laser timed 40 or a track time to go by for his long speed. There was the 1 play in the highlights where he made a tackle about 50 yards downfield chasing a play down that was run to the opposite sideline from him (he was at left OLB and the play went around the right end). So -- maybe? Hard to know the competition and who he was chasing down.

I wish there was a laser timed 40 or a track time to go by for his long speed. There was the 1 play in the highlights where he made a tackle about 50 yards downfield chasing a play down that was run to the opposite sideline from him (he was at left OLB and the play went around the right end). So -- maybe? Hard to know the competition and who he was chasing down.
Tried to find anything, even a hand held 40 and I had no such luck on any site so maybe we will find out during his visit.

Gamboa is like, 5'11" and painfully slow.

This kid is neither. Great athlete.

247 mentioned that Quinn shifted his focus from Rugby to Football only recently and have him listed at almost 6'2 240.

Landman and Quinn should be a great ILB combo with a little VanBeast sprinkled in. I am excited.

Back