What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 MI RB Jaren Mangham (SIGNED to COLORADO)

He still just looks way too slow to me.

Needs to add some bulk for sure too. Very skinny right now.
He looks a little slender because he’s 6’1”. He’s listed at 214 lbs so he’s not “very skinny”. Also, just because he doesn’t have home run speed (from the few clips we’ve seen), doesn’t mean much to me. He seems to be a very patient runner with pretty good vision and is extremely hard to bring down. Kind of a Le’Veon Bell running style, IMO.

Better than Bish coming out of HS?
Lots of comparisons to be made between the two. However, Mangham played in more of a singleback offense, from what I could tell from Beau's film he was apart of a wishbone type offense and was just bigger than everyone else. Mangham also has shown a lot of vision out of the backfield, he appears to be a pretty solid receiver. The way he played against his peers at the game in Mexico showed he has the potential to be a beast.

Last edited:
I'd say that's fair. 4.65 to 4.7.

I'm curious, was there ever any talk about what other schools wanted him to play?
Yea this one Id ask @Buffnik or @Duff Man , but to my understanding Oregon and ND wanted him as a LB. I think Kansas State wanted him at RB and Michigan State wasn't committing to either, but he was in contact with their offensive coaches.

I edited my last post to contain the link to where it discusses both of your questions.

He still just looks way too slow to me.

Needs to add some bulk for sure too. Very skinny right now.

It's hilarious that THIS can be somebody's response after watching that film... ha

He instantly showed better vision and run after contact that Bish ever has.

He will play a lot as a true freshman. Easily dominating CSUs defense and hopefully building from there. I am more concerned about getting the OL to get any room for our RBs.

It's hilarious that THIS can be somebody's response after watching that film... ha

He will play a lot as a true freshman. Easily dominating CSUs defense and hopefully building from there. I am more concerned about getting the OL to get any room for our RBs.
I'd bet good money you said the same stuff after I said the same things about Bish's high school film. Scheckler, remember Bush was a 4* athlete. Man than is a 3* athlete. There is nothing on film to suggest either is more athletic than the other.

You need to go watch Bish's HS film again if you actually think that.

I'd bet good money you said the same stuff after I said the same things about Bish's high school film. Scheckler, remember Bush was a 4* athlete. Man than is a 3* athlete. There is nothing on film to suggest either is more athletic than the other.
The difference between Bisharat's rating and Mangham's is literally .0045, pathetic you'd even use that as an argument.

Yea this one Id ask @Buffnik or @Duff Man , but to my understanding Oregon and ND wanted him as a LB. I think Kansas State wanted him at RB and Michigan State wasn't committing to either, but he was in contact with their offensive coaches.

I edited my last post to contain the link to where it discusses both of your questions.
I don't know who was offering for what. I did read that a good number of his offers were for defense. He definitely seems like more of a back that wears a team down than a home run threat.

Back