What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 MI SDE Darius Robinson (Signed to Missouri)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

9562f4d1d9cd28f140d858f804a77cfa.jpg

Canton HS (Canton, MI)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darius5Robinson

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 254
40:

247s rating: 3* - 86 grade; #47 SDE
ESPN rating: 3* - 77 grade; #102 DE
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #42 SDE

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8688 / #41 SDE / #634 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Ball State, Boston College, Buffalo, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Eastern Michigan, Iowa State, Kent State, Maryland, Massachusetts, Miami (OH), Michigan, Michigan State, Northern Illinois, Ohio, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Toledo, Virginia

Last edited:

Robinson says he plans to start taking official visits in the fall.

“I haven’t taken any official visits yet; I’ll start taking them in the fall," Robinson said. “I plan to take them at Syracuse, Michigan State, Maryland, Rutgers and Colorado.

I’m a little confused by this comment. He’s been here 6 months and hasn’t even had 1 cycle with a signing day and you’re commenting about his recruiting prowess? Okay, I guess.

It may be somewhat unfair to him, but if it looks lean come December, just shrugging and saying "I don't know why anyone expected Drake to do anything in one recruiting cycle" helps no one.

We are behind in DL recruiting, so he has about 4.5 months to catch us up.

It may be somewhat unfair to him, but if it looks lean come December, just shrugging and saying "I don't know why anyone expected Drake to do anything in one recruiting cycle" helps no one.

I think it's fair to say that, like Brown, we should expect more in years 2 and 3. In year 1 when he's getting his sea legs on building relationships with players, trainers and coaches within our footprint for P5 caliber prospects, it's more challenging. That's the downside when you hire someone like Drake. However, that doesn't mean he gets a pass. Brown ended up having a strong 1st year after a slow start. I expect the same from Drake this year.

They have got kids to come on visits to Colorado and they haven’t committed, that’s on Drake.

I’m by no means giving him a pass. It’s just a little early to conclude he needs to do a better job. We have no idea how his first year will even finish, that was my main point.

Wow, this guy looks like an automatic take to me. I'd only be worried about Maryland and Michigan State of this list. He looks like Gilbert did as a senior, and maybe even bigger

Oversimplification, here.

Yes, but I think they have a point. If you get a kid to visit Boulder, I think that's half the battle. CU's campus and Boulder is way better than 90% of other schools, plus top notch facilities.

It's kind of a slap in the face when these big time prospects visit CU on a OV, and then don't even list CU in their top five. I wouldn't put all the blame on Drake, but I feel like CU could greatly improve their OVs.

I don't think most 18 year old football players give a crap about the natural beauty of their surroundings or the relative affluence of a given community. If they did then schools like San Jose State, Portland St, Montana and Hawaii would dominate over places like Columbus Ohio, Tuscaloosa Alabama, State College PA, or Lincoln nebr. IMO this has always been overstated by CU fans.

They treat these kids like Gods in Lincoln and Tallahassee. Not so much in Boulder.

I don't think most 18 year old football players give a crap about the natural beauty of their surroundings or the relative affluence of a given community. If they did then schools like San Jose State, Portland St, Montana and Hawaii would dominate over places like Columbus Ohio, Tuscaloosa Alabama, State College PA, or Lincoln nebr. IMO this has always been overstated by CU fans.

They treat these kids like Gods in Lincoln and Tallahassee. Not so much in Boulder.
Many don't. Some do.

Many don't. Some do.
Everybody likes a beautiful view, nice campus and nice town.

All things being equal in recruiting, that gives CU an edge up on competitors.

What is ridiculous is when people think that all you have to do is get a recruit on campus and this stuff will outweigh other considerations the young man and his parents will have.

Oh, believe me. They care about the natural beauty on campus all right.

Everybody likes a beautiful view, nice campus and nice town.

All things being equal in recruiting, that gives CU an edge up on competitors.

What is ridiculous is when people think that all you have to do is get a recruit on campus and this stuff will outweigh other considerations the young man and his parents will have.

Yep. It’s an idiotic assessment that getting a kid to Boulder is all you need to do. Sure, they come and they’re amazed at how bad ass Boulder is. But, they want to play in the NFL and compete. They go elsewhere because they know they’ll only be there 2 years anyways before they cash their million dollar checks. Nice campuses are great, winning trumps all.

Edit: just realized this was a recruit thread, sorry for being off topic.

Rivals profile showing a Maryland OV on 8/31 and Colorado OV on 9/14.

Also, a recent 247 VIP article said that he's targeting a Syracuse OV for 9/27 but it isn't finalized yet.

Seems he has definitely moved his commitment date back from 9/13.

Rivals profile showing a Maryland OV on 8/31 and Colorado OV on 9/14.

Also, a recent 247 VIP article said that he's targeting a Syracuse OV for 9/27 but it isn't finalized yet.

Seems he has definitely moved his commitment date back from 9/13.
Maryland looking very messy at the moment...

I hope we can land Darius. Wish he was coming for a more exciting game than UNH!

Back