What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TNFR S Mikial Onu (Signed to COLORADO)

Our front 11 on defense looks pretty good. The depth has questions everywhere, but we can pencil in 11 guys now without too many questions

While I agree I’m still waiting for the “killing it” part. I mean, recruiting is looking good but the jury is still out.
It’s all relative. He’s killing it in the sense that CU hasn’t had serious interest from as many of these high caliber recruits MT is getting to visit in a long time. He needs to close on them, but early returns have been very good.

Agreed.

The sense of urgency we're seeing from this staff on the recruiting trial is refreshing at the very least. They're working hard to plug holes and build depth for the '19 season.

This.

The so far part of the new staff is great. They are clearly putting in the work and trying to address the problems. Lets see what it looks like though when the team hits the field the next 2 or 3 years.

Anyone that is still questioning the HCMT hiring is blind. This guy is just killing it from recruiting to PR to instilling a new attitude in Boulder. Welcome Mikial! Massive help that was needed and will be a big contributor.
I think the PR is really important that you just didn’t see FHCMM do. Unless I’m misremembering, I don’t recall him ever going to Broncos practice or Nuggets games or Rockies meetups. Tucker just seems to really get it on how to be a head coach outside of the game and from a relationship standpoint.

I think the PR is really important that you just didn’t see FHCMM do. Unless I’m misremembering, I don’t recall him ever going to Broncos practice or Nuggets games or Rockies meetups. Tucker just seems to really get it on how to be a head coach outside of the game and from a relationship standpoint.
I said it yesterday, but “big boy football” requires the head coach to be the face of the program (and university, tbh). Was MM really the face of CU the past 6 years? IMO, no. Is Mel tucker currently the face of CU? IMO, absolutely, and I think you can tell this is the case by the way even the assistants promote MT, specifically, on social media.

I said it yesterday, but “big boy football” requires the head coach to be the face of the program (and university, tbh). Was MM really the face of CU the past 6 years? IMO, no. Is Mel tucker currently the face of CU? IMO, absolutely, and I think you can tell this is the case by the way even the assistants promote MT, specifically, on social media.

Tucker projects energy, Tucker presents a drive, a vision. Tucker shows people who he is and what he expects to make happen.

Onu could have gone a lot of places, a proven player of his quality would be welcome almost anywhere.
I have to believe that a big part of why he decided to be a Buff was to be a part of what Mel Tucker is creating.

It’s a lot easier being the face of the school before you lose a single game.

Back