What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1990 National Championship Game

89 & 90 established the brand...both teams had the right to swag 94 was close. I was at both games still can't figure out how we lost 89 albeit playing calling wasn't the greatest. Some of the best football anyone who loves CF would ever want to see.

[video=youtube;0s96spc_vjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s96spc_vjI[/video]

Got home from work early today and decided to watch this. Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I'm sure it's already out there, buried in the forum somewhere.

This was before I was born and this is actually the first time I've watched this game. Hagan and Bienemy were beasts in the first half, sure would love to have a duo like that here again someday.

Another thing I noticed was the amount of players from Colorado, especially on the defensive side (Biekert, McCloughan and Rose).

Tom Rouen had a leg. I knew the guy personally, as his daughter was a friend of mine in high school (also where he went to high school). I've gotten to wear both of his super bowl rings.

Anybody attend the game?

Really?

Yep, he wore them to some dinner thing we had at the high school. They were way too big for my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one they called I believe was the player that hit #40 Scott DeGoler at the beginning of the return then #17 Tim James was also a clip. I recall there was a 3rd that we could see on the game film but not on tv, but I can't remember who was involved.

The clip was called on Tim James.

I was at the 90 game (89 season) and it was awful. It seemed like we gave that game away.

The clip was called on Tim James.

I was at the 90 game (89 season) and it was awful. It seemed like we gave that game away.
We definitely didn't help ourselves in that game. Bienemy broke a run and flat dropped the ball switching arms. The goal line stand was brutal too. Frustrating game.

I couldn't hear the call, audio wasn't clear on the sideline, we saw DeGoler's and Tim's. The best was chicken-**** Bettis yelling suck my d*** as he ran down the sideline! then his sprint to the lockerroom moments later because he was a gutless turd.

The 1990 Championship game was for the 1989 season. Dream season, hearts crushed by leaving momentum and points on the field in the first half.

The 1991 Championship game was for the 1990 season and was our lone NC (thanks, Tom Osborne (ass bag)). And this game was the Ismail return game.

My mistake. Just assumed thread was about the one we won.

Back