What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2/19 Regents Meeting

That's shooting crazy high for the football program. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. But that's only three seasons from now. That means the kids we have coming in this year will be the major contributors to the team that will win the P12 South. Think about that for a second.

I am thinking MTG ran into lots of questions on the road about how serious the AD was about returning football to a powerhouse. Can't argue that his goals aren't serious.

Nice to see the AD finally willing to verbalize some goals more than just "be competitive." How often have we bitched on this board that no one in the admin was willing to state that our goal is to win championships.

Interesting to see that MM is not included in the core, strategic working or strategic support teams at all.

CORE TEAM
Rick George Ceal Barry Matt Biggers
Tad Boyle Emily Canova Becky Gamble
Kris Livingston Jim Senter Catherine Shea
STRATEGIC WORKING TEAM
David Clough Kevin Fenton Kurt Gulbrand
Cory Hilliard Tom McGann Gail Pederson
David Plati Miguel Rueda
STRATEGIC SUPPORT TEAM
Chris Brekke Megan Eisenhard Kelly Finley
Jim Geddes Irene Griego Dave Hoover
Hayley Hughes Lindsay Lew Colleen Magarity
Medford Moorer Jim Packer Juda Parker
Curtis Snyder Ariel Solomon Lisa Van Goor

Interesting to see that MM is not included in the core, strategic working or strategic support teams at all.

CORE TEAM
Rick George Ceal Barry Matt Biggers
Tad Boyle Emily Canova Becky Gamble
Kris Livingston Jim Senter Catherine Shea
STRATEGIC WORKING TEAM
David Clough Kevin Fenton Kurt Gulbrand
Cory Hilliard Tom McGann Gail Pederson
David Plati Miguel Rueda
STRATEGIC SUPPORT TEAM
Chris Brekke Megan Eisenhard Kelly Finley
Jim Geddes Irene Griego Dave Hoover
Hayley Hughes Lindsay Lew Colleen Magarity
Medford Moorer Jim Packer Juda Parker
Curtis Snyder Ariel Solomon Lisa Van Goor

Not really. You want each stake holder group represented, Tad fills that role for the coaches. Rick, Ceal, Jim, and Matt are your senior leadership and have to be there, Shea represents Phil's office, Livingston the academic side of the AD, Canova the student athlete development rep, and Gamble fills multiple rolls as a former S-A, a booster, and S-A parent.

The other groups are structured the same way. As you drill down, each level has a representative the is closer to the actual product to provide input.

The AD really is positioning Tad to be the face of CU for years to come. Seems to have a lot of pull in the AD.

I'm glad that it's Tad representing the coaches.

1 - He's insanely popular.
2 - He's been here longer than MM.
3 - He can speak 1st hand to how facilities helped his program.
4 - He will ensure that basketball is taken care of in the long-term planning.

Flat screen TV sighting!
The day I know CU is serious about football will be the day flat screens make it to the poors in the concourses. Also, they really need to demolish the physics building. Or cut it in half.

Not really. You want each stake holder group represented, Tad fills that role for the coaches. Rick, Ceal, Jim, and Matt are your senior leadership and have to be there, Shea represents Phil's office, Livingston the academic side of the AD, Canova the student athlete development rep, and Gamble fills multiple rolls as a former S-A, a booster, and S-A parent.

The other groups are structured the same way. As you drill down, each level has a representative the is closer to the actual product to provide input.

I'm glad that it's Tad representing the coaches.

1 - He's insanely popular.
2 - He's been here longer than MM.
3 - He can speak 1st hand to how facilities helped his program.
4 - He will ensure that basketball is taken care of in the long-term planning.

Agree with both of you and am very happy Tad is the face. I just think that it is interesting that what has traditionally been the face of the AD from the high profile sports perspective was left on the sidelines entirely. Would have probably put both on the Core team due to the importance of both programs going forward.

Agree with both of you and am very happy Tad is the face. I just think that it is interesting that what has traditionally been the face of the AD from the high profile sports perspective was left on the sidelines entirely. Would have probably put both on the Core team due to the importance of both programs going forward.

Politically, I don't know if they could have done that. Yes, there are only 2 sports that make money and pay for everything and those 2 sports make the facilities project feasible. But we all know that if there had been more than 1 coach that we would have ended up with Tad or Mike plus one of the women's coaches.

I love, love, love the fact that we are seeing this. In my opinion, I cannot remember the last time that I saw this level of strategic planning and vision by the CU AD (it may have been happening behind closed doors, but I doubt it).

I believe that this type of work is about 20% planning and 80% execution. If they can execute on this, it's going to be huge.

Politically, I don't know if they could have done that. Yes, there are only 2 sports that make money and pay for everything and those 2 sports make the facilities project feasible. But we all know that if there had been more than 1 coach that we would have ended up with Tad or Mike plus one of the women's coaches.

Agree, Tad is the guy for a one coach show. Not sure any traditional power (read SEC although they would have just put the fb coach into the core team) would have left one of the two out. Sometimes the politics really should not matter.

this looks great.

i'd love to see tad stay for the long term. history tells us that he is a special coach to do what he's done with men's bb. including him in the core decision-making group makes a ****-ton of sense.

and, i like the goals articulated for the fb program. if football does what it is supposed to do here (and what it has traditionally done), it will drive success for every single component of the CUAD. adding sports would be something we could legitimately consider if fb is the revenue engine it needs to be.

and, i like the drawings. it looks cool.

:woot:

we've got a long way to go but at least this shows signs of a pulse!

Hence, having Ceal in the core group. Besides all that, Mac has more than enough on his plate preparing for a conference championship in a few years.

The day I know CU is serious about football will be the day flat screens make it to the poors in the concourses. Also, they really need to demolish the physics building. Or cut it in half.

Agreed, Duane is an eye sore. I hate that Gamow tower sits right in the middle of the view of the flatirons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, Duane is an eye sore. I hate that Gamow tower sits right in the middle of the view of the flatirons.

EC, Duane, Muenzinger, Porter and the rec before the renovation are all part of a sad sad era of CU architecture.

You can't see the 24" deep cutout in the wall to accommodate the tubes.

DBT will be head construction supervisor on that part of the project.

And that's not all, with DBT on the job.

Now we're talking glory holes and stripper poles.

What in the Hell are you doing staring at the Flatirons while there's a football game on?

That's shooting crazy high for the football program. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. But that's only three seasons from now. That means the kids we have coming in this year will be the major contributors to the team that will win the P12 South. Think about that for a second.
At least they aren't like the Rockies and saying that they just want to be competitive occasionally.

At least they aren't like the Rockies and saying that they just want to be competitive occasionally.

1/3 of teams in baseball make the playoffs every year. The Rockies said they want to make the playoffs 40% of the time. But, you know, whatever.

1/3 of teams in baseball make the playoffs every year. The Rockies said they want to make the playoffs 40% of the time. But, you know, whatever.
While I think the "play-in game" is still the playoffs, I don't think it's the same thing as the "real playoffs."

What in the Hell are you doing staring at the Flatirons while there's a football game on?

I (unlike a majority of the student body) like to show up early to football games to take in the scenery. Once the ball is teed up, my focus is all football.

I (unlike a majority of the student body) like to show up early to football games to take in the scenery. Once the ball is teed up, my focus is all football.

You do realize that the view of the Flatirons is much better from the outside of the stadium than it is from the inside, right? I mean, if scenery is your thing, that's cool. I'm just saying that there are better places to take in scenery than the inside of a football stadium.

I'm joking around, but not completely. I can never figure out why people complain about the possibility of new stands or buildings ruining their view from inside the stadium. The mountains are always there, the game only lasts for a few hours. I'm way more concerned about my view of the field itself than I am of the surroundings.

Back