What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2 Hawaii starters arrested and suspended

"University of Hawaii not a great school academically as one CU poster indicated! "

That's a superficial untrue statement. Just recently, University of Hawaii will provide medical enhanced training to Psychologists at Tripler Army Hospital on Oahu, to prescribe drugs to patients suffering from PTSD, etc. Drug for mental problems usually is admintered by Psychiatrist (refrerrals from Psychologist) is the norm. This Psyche program is new to the Psych world; other states are also involved in this program. Devaluing University of Hawaii's academic organism is a slap in the face. If you ever have a medical need or legal involvement in Hawaii, you'll find most of these professionals were trained at UH med school and UH law school...and yes US Government certified & approved....

"University of Hawaii not a great school academically as one CU poster indicated! "

That's a superficial untrue statement. Just recently, University of Hawaii will provide medical enhanced training to Psychologists at Tripler Army Hospital on Oahu, to prescribe drugs to patients suffering from PTSD, etc. Drug for mental problems usually is admintered by Psychiatrist (refrerrals from Psychologist) is the norm. This Psyche program is new to the Psych world; other states are also involved in this program. Devaluing University of Hawaii's academic organism is a slap in the face. If you ever have a medical need or legal involvement in Hawaii, you'll find most of these professionals were trained at UH med school and UH law school...and yes US Government certified & approved....

We called him out for it. Tini can be an inflamed hemorrhoid sometimes but he's our hemorrhoid. :lol:

I don't think 'tini has never had a nice thing to say about another school, except for that Michigan's helmets look "really awesome".

Mahalo dude, I appreciate you level headed heart; and yes UH's Bright & Brown were not so smart after all. Local sports radio guy Bobby Curran 1420 Espn (online if interested) said, these two knuckleheads got into a beef in a eatery place called "SHACK" in Waikiki (draws trouble everynight)...by the way CU fans stay away from this place. The story is (approx) a former football player now MMA fighter had a match locally last night and a handful of UH players went to support this guy,(he lost the match) at the club. As you know one thing led to another and all of that "common sense" evaporated and stupidity kicked and now 2 UH starters are handcuffed and taken away. At 12pm your time today, Head Coach McMackin & AD Donavon, suppose to decide on their fate. "to play or not to play." DUMB ARSES..." have a great game...after all of this event it makes this game not fun anymore. Convince me to say otherwise...you guys rock...have a great game...

Is "The Shack" anywhere near "Dukes"? I love Dukes. One of my favorite spots in Waikiki. That and the Shorebird. Something special about those places for me.

Shack in Waikiki

Is "The Shack" anywhere near "Dukes"? I love Dukes. One of my favorite spots in Waikiki. That and the Shorebird. Something special about those places for me.

I am not sure. Although there are other Shack establishments around the Island. Shack in Waikiki seems to draw more younger crowd therefore a greater chance of witnessing some unnecessary BS. Stay w/Duke or rent a car and dine @ Chili's near Kahala Mall decent crowd to chat, eat in peace.

Yes I have.

Tell you what, if you can link a post of yours, ANY post, that compliments another school (not including how cool their jersey's look or how hot their coeds are), I'll rep you of the positive kind.

EDIT: eg. something nice about their campus, culture, students. etc.

Last edited:
Tell you what, if you can link a post of yours, ANY post, that compliments another school (not including how cool their jersey's look or how hot their coeds are), I'll rep you of the positive kind.
I have too many posts! :lol:

how did you get that? I tried to find that article but they wanted me to pay for it.

tini would you please put up your old avatar. I have a hard(er) time looking at your posts.

how did you get that? I tried to find that article but they wanted me to pay for it.

While I would like to claim amazing technical skills, all that I did was click on the original link, then the website's home link then the new story link.

sef-respect

this kid is a monster; seen him on the practice field. He'll be on the sideline thinking to himself "shoulda, woulda, coulda" during game time; Greg McMakin don't play when crap like this happens. One taunt against the opponent, you sit for the rest of the quarter. Perhaps the whole game. Its all about dignity, respect and playing hard. GM is well respected that way in Hawaii.

this kid is a monster; seen him on the practice field. He'll be on the sideline thinking to himself "shoulda, woulda, coulda" during game time; Greg McMakin don't play when crap like this happens. One taunt against the opponent, you sit for the rest of the quarter. Perhaps the whole game. Its all about dignity, respect and playing hard. GM is well respected that way in Hawaii.

It's unfortunate this happened. I always want our best team to play our opponent's best team, but good on Coach for taking a stand here.

I'm looking forward to this game/season! Best luck to the Warriors (short of winning, of course) on Saturday!

I am not sure. Although there are other Shack establishments around the Island. Shack in Waikiki seems to draw more younger crowd therefore a greater chance of witnessing some unnecessary BS. Stay w/Duke or rent a car and dine @ Chili's near Kahala Mall decent crowd to chat, eat in peace.

Wait. Did you just recommend Chili's?

I had a friend that went to UH, and she told me that Colorado and Hawaii, specifically CU and UH, have a sister-partnership where students from one state can attend the other at in-state tuition. I have a few friends from UH that I met at CU, and I haven't confirmed it with them. Anyone else care to confirm this?

I had a friend that went to UH, and she told me that Colorado and Hawaii, specifically CU and UH, have a sister-partnership where students from one state can attend the other at in-state tuition. I have a few friends from UH that I met at CU, and I haven't confirmed it with them. Anyone else care to confirm this?
Yeah its called the western undergrad exchange. I considered doing it but i cant see myself missing a football or basketball season.

Yup Chilis

Most Chili restaurants on Oahu, has a common bar/dine setup...and a handful of flatscreens to watch sports...When UH games are played on the Island or elswhere, Chilis are one of the many spots to go and watch...besides other sports bar listed. I'm one to look out for others especially visitors from the mainland. Coming to Hawaii is to go back home with fond memories, football or not...have a great game.

Back