What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1 week until camp starts

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Between the basketball season ending early without a post-season, our spring practices being over before Spring Break and CU having no fan-friendly spring sports... this has been a long ass offseason.

Having official visits for football in the spring with 12 commitments already has helped a lot to keep some relevant storylines going. So it wasn't a daily battle to figure out an "is a hot dog a sandwich?" type thread so we'd have something to talk about.

But, still.

I'm ready for some damn football!

Next week we have something: Wednesday, July 25th: Pac-12 Media Day (no longer a 2-day format)

Then, the following week is the start of fall camp.
LikelyDisloyalArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

Do we know which Colorado players will be representing at the PAC12 media day? If I were Mac, I would bring Winfree to rep. the O/Black-Out Boys and Worthington to rep.the D/MoneyGang .

Between the basketball season ending early without a post-season, our spring practices being over before Spring Break and CU having no fan-friendly spring sports... this has been a long ass offseason.

Forgot about the women lacrosse winning the regular season Pac-12 title?

Forgot about the women lacrosse winning the regular season Pac-12 title?
I'm often one of the hundred or so fans who show up for the WLAX games. So, no, I did not forget. But it is not a fan friendly spectator sport in the spring that draws enough attention to distract from the absence of FB and MBB. I do believe that it can grow into that with continued success, an actual stadium environment and a MLAX program to make CU a lacrosse school that genuinely cares about our teams every spring.

As I've said, I think we should add MLAX, W-Beach Volleyball and W-Triathlon. That would be 12.6/ 12.5 on Men's & Women's new scholarships and give us some good spectator sports for spring and another sport (Tri) where CU would regularly compete for national championships that also fits with the culture of Colorado, Boulder and the university.

But let's not pretend that WLAX is doing much to occupy the hearts and minds of CU fans right now.

This is the worst day of the year for sports and arguably the worst week in sports leading up to NFL Training Camp and NCAA Fall Camp. Just go home and go to bed at 7pm to avoid the boredom.

Landman needs to be on the field this year. Hoping as the season progresses it becomes a 50/50 split with Gamboa or more in favor of Landman.

Seems like Eliot can get pretty creative with out linebackers this year. When we play more spread teams I could see Lewis and Taylor playing at ton at the two outside backer spots with Landman and Gamboa and the two inside backer spots. Then against teams that have more heavy personnel's I could see Landman, Gamboa and Falo getting a lot of snaps together to try and hold up physically in the run game.

Landman needs to be on the field this year. Hoping as the season progresses it becomes a 50/50 split with Gamboa or more in favor of Landman.

There's no way Landman is taking half of Gamboa's snaps. Maybe Gamboa, Lewis, and Landman will each play 1/3 of the snaps for both ILB postions.

There's no way Landman is taking half of Gamboa's snaps. Maybe Gamboa, Lewis, and Landman will each play 1/3 of the snaps for both ILB postions.
He definitely won't at first, but I'm hoping as the season progresses it becomes more of a 50/50 split, or we see specific personnel packages like onealcd mentioned. Lewis is a bigger liability in the run game than Gamboa or Landman, but he is our best interior pass rusher and best athlete at the LB position, so I don't think they can afford to take him off the field that often. Landman seems like an every down LB that is more athletic than Gamboa, but just as good in the run game, and can hold his own in the passing game, where Gamboa really struggles. I'll trust Els, Elliot and Mac to figure out how to rotate them, but I'm inevitably going to think Gamboa is getting the BOTD because he's a Senior.

He definitely won't at first, but I'm hoping as the season progresses it becomes more of a 50/50 split, or we see specific personnel packages like onealcd mentioned. Lewis is a bigger liability in the run game than Gamboa or Landman, but he is our best interior pass rusher and best athlete at the LB position, so I don't think they can afford to take him off the field that often. Landman seems like an every down LB that is more athletic than Gamboa, but just as good in the run game, and can hold his own in the passing game, where Gamboa really struggles. I'll trust Els, Elliot and Mac to figure out how to rotate them, but I'm inevitably going to think Gamboa is getting the BOTD because he's a Senior.

I'm assuming Landman, because of his inexperience, is behind in pass defense. So maybe what we will see is more Landman and Gamboa on running downs and more Lewis and Gamboa on passing downs,

I'm assuming Landman, because of his inexperience, is behind in pass defense. So maybe what we will see is more Landman and Gamboa on running downs and more Lewis and Gamboa on passing downs,
Definitely possible, but that's also why I keep saying "as the season progresses". Gamboa will probably play 75% of the defensive snaps when they're in base personnel through the first 1/3 of the season. Landman has been mentioned in almost every fluff piece written by Woelk and Howell this offseason, though, so I think they are expecting him to be a big time contributor.

Gamboa isnt fast enough to block a punt even if the punter drops the snap. Landman showed he was fast enough to do just that. Doesn't mean he'll be better in coverage.

Back