What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 Australian P Josh Watts (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Old enough to punt in college.

The article didn't specifically state, although it mentioned he took some classes already at Tanzania University, but is still a 5 to play 4. I would guess 19-21.

dazed.gif

Bonza mate!

First, that dude is crazy, but clearly fearless. Second, I know it is a stereotype, but Aussies are tough as hell (when I was in the Navy a group of our guys were being their obnoxious selves and got obliterated, one guy told me every dude was like a boxer and punches didn't phase them). Third, I am pretty sure most people there (stereotype again) are borderline immune to the effects of alcohol. One guy there told me American beer "is like water mate."

Long story short if this punter is anything like what I picture as the typical Aussie then he might be able to play linebacker too.

USAToday had an article shortly after his commitment here.
Watts was signed out of ProKick Australia Academy, a kicking training camp run in Australia to identify talent with the potential to transition to American football. He was previously an AFL (Aussie Rules) player who was at least briefly a member of the Brisbane Lions. He hails from the Australian town of Glenorchy.

And, as you might expect for a player who already matriculated to the professional level of another sport, he’s not a spring chicken (at least by collegiate sports standards). Per his Brisbane Lions bio page, Watts recently turned 23 …

It’s pretty cool to have a kid from Tasmania (Tassie!) coming to CU. Glenorchy is part of the greater Hobart area, which is the main urban center on the island. I visited Tasmania as one of CUs first exchange students to Australia three decades ago. Hiking around Cradle Mountain was particularly memorable for me. In any case, having a kid from Tassie on the team is similar to having an Alaskan. Both places are rugged, wild and isolated from the rest of their respective countries.

It’s pretty cool to have a kid from Tasmania (Tassie!) coming to CU. Glenorchy is part of the greater Hobart area, which is the main urban center on the island. I visited Tasmania as one of CUs first exchange students to Australia three decades ago. Hiking around Cradle Mountain was particularly memorable for me. In any case, having a kid from Tassie on the team is similar to having an Alaskan. Both places are rugged, wild and isolated from the rest of their respective countries.
Kind of like Arvada?

Back