What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 AZ WR Brenden Rice (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I wish him well. But he was kinda the odd man out in the Spring game. Didn’t get any separation. He was clearly 3 option. And that was before Addison came. I think he struggle to get on the field.
You know, USC is going to roll teams and backups will be playing by mid 3rd quarter putting up stats similar to CU starters. Gonna be like Chip's Duck teams and some of the recent Bama squads.
$C has a load of talent but if they didn't believe that he could play and contribute they wouldn't have wasted a scholarship considering that they had plenty of other options.

I also wouldn't make a big deal out of how a guy does in a spring game. We have seen players look absolutely unstoppable in spring only to completely disappear when the real games start, we have also seen guys who seemed to do nothing in spring break out in the fall. Also keep in mind that they may not be Alabama or Georgia quality players but SC has NFL quality athletes at corner who are trying to make an impression on the coaching staff as well.

Bottom line is that Rice is not likely to be the standout WR at SC that he would have been on our roster if he stayed but I don't think any of us really know how well he will end up performing in LA. We have our emotions towards the guy who dumped us but those don't count for much when the pads go on.

They had defensive issues I don't anticipate from USC.
You're probably right on that, but each of those three years their average margin of victory was between 16 and 20 points per game. USC's defense might be a little better, but I don't think it's going to be so much better that the starters are benched by half time or anything.

2017: 45 - 25
2018: 48.4 - 32.4
2019: 42.1 - 24.5

You're probably right on that, but each of those three years their average margin of victory was between 16 and 20 points per game. USC's defense might be a little better, but I don't think it's going to be so much better that the starters are benched by half time or anything.

2017: 45 - 25
2018: 48.4 - 32.4
2019: 42.1 - 24.5
I'm thinking that USC is up by at least 3 possessions entering half in at least 8 of its games. By mid Q3, they'll be going deep into the bench.

I've said it before, but he should have transferred to a different team with an air attack. Young men making young men decisions, it's too bad because he's got some talent and has had some unfortunate circumstances.

I've said it before, but he should have transferred to a different team with an air attack. Young men making young men decisions, it's too bad because he's got some talent and has had some unfortunate circumstances.
As it turned out, Pitt would have been a great destination. I'm not sure how well they pay, though.

Could we at least get some water bottles and lunch pails to go with the oranges. And I damn well expect the oranges to be peeled and separated.
Sorry, the oranges are cut, it's the best RG could do, however, we can all make fun orange peel smiles as we stuff our faces.

Sorry, the oranges are cut, it's the best RG could do, however, we can all make fun orange peel smiles as we stuff our faces.
Oranges are provided on the (erroneous) assumption that CU has enough staff in place to cut them up. Unfortunately, that would require the two recruiting interns we have handling all of scouting to add another night shift over the weekend. CU won’t pay for two additional weekend parking passes. So, that option’s a bust.

Last edited:
Oranges are provided on the (erroneous) assumption that CU has enough staff in place to cut them up. Unfortunately, that wold require the two recruiting interns we have handling all of scouting to add another night shift over the weekend. CU won’t pay for two additional weekend parking passes, so that option’s a bust.
Aren’t there some blocking sleds lying around that could repurposed into orange cutting stations?

Aren’t there some blocking sleds lying around that could repurposed into orange cutting stations?
Those might still be up for grabs on Facebook marketplace. Maybe some AD issued Buffs gear in size XXXL can be thrown in to sweeten the deal to move these sleds to someone new.

Back