What's new

'20 CA OLB Mason Mastrov

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Despite having a slow day for him in the 40 (4.70), Mastrov posted a SPARQ of 113.88 that included a 37.5 vertical. Since then he has posted a 4.54 forty at both his SMU and Michigan State visits.

Last edited:

J.R. Ewing

Club Member
Club Member
He plays at a smaller high school. Other than that, is there a reason he hasn't received bigger offers? He's pretty athletic.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
It looks like SMU may get a verbal commit from him, but I'd stay on this if I was making the decisions at CU. Someone with the height/length to develops who is one of the best athletes this year. And his high school production is what you want to see -- he's a dominant player who had 87 tackles with 17 sacks as a junior.

I know the offer list isn't going to blow anyone away and he's not playing in one of those HS leagues that easily projects to the P5 level.

But this is the type of recruiting prospect you take the risk on. I'm really hoping our coaches make a move here.

Last edited:

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Much like Carson Wells, would want to work the kid out in person. The SPARQ is a good sign, but lots of NFL draftees have shown that's just part of the story.

Jaximus

Club Member
Club Member
Give me a reach for a small school guy like that a million times over any more European Unknowns. Love his moves to get into the backfield.