What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CA QB Bryce Young (Signed to Abalama)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

DHxQ9aAV0AA1Nd9.jpg

Cathedral HS (Los Angeles, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_bryce_young

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 183
40:

247s rating: 5* - 98 grade; #1 QB-D (#4 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 86 grade; #1 QB-D (#24 overall)
Rivals rating: 5* - 6.1rr; #1 QB-D (#3 overall)

247sports Composite: 5* / 0.9968 / #1 QB-D / #6 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona State, Baylor, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisville, Miss State, Nebraska, Oregon, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Jose State, TCU, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC, Utah, Utah State, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
Targeting a decision this summer but it isn't looking good for the Buffs right now.

Maybe he wants to contend for a national championship.
Way more to life than football. Also, his chances of flaming out at Bama are way higher than just about anywhere else. Say what you will about Bama or Clemson churning out NFL players, but they also have more 5 and 4* flameouts who never become anything.

I understand high school kids think they're just the best, but so many players would be better served going to other schools and getting on the field rather than competing for meaningless titles.

Of course they do, they get the majority of 5* and 4* recruits, therefore they will have more that don’t pan out.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Im saying kids need to think more about where they end up. A whole bunch of those busts would have gotten on the field and been productive at other schools, and would have had NFL prospects.

I understand it takes a level of humility and self awareness that 18 year olds don't possess to think "maybe I'm not that level of guy" and think about their future.

Way more to life than football. Also, his chances of flaming out at Bama are way higher than just about anywhere else. Say what you will about Bama or Clemson churning out NFL players, but they also have more 5 and 4* flameouts who never become anything.

I understand high school kids think they're just the best, but so many players would be better served going to other schools and getting on the field rather than competing for meaningless titles.

Luckily for you, you get to lead your own life as he gets to lead his own.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Im saying kids need to think more about where they end up. A whole bunch of those busts would have gotten on the field and been productive at other schools, and would have had NFL prospects.

I understand it takes a level of humility and self awareness that 18 year olds don't possess to think "maybe I'm not that level of guy" and think about their future.
Maybe is humble and self aware enough to think 4-5 years learning about discipline, organization, ambition, leadership, planning, building relationships, and other things from the most successful coach of all time will be worthwhile, even if he doesn't play football forever.

Maybe is humble and self aware enough to think 4-5 years learning about discipline, organization, ambition, leadership, planning, building relationships, and other things from the most successful coach of all time will be worthwhile, even if he doesn't play football forever.
You think far too much of sport.

Back