What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CA RB Daniyel Ngata (Signed to Arizona State)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

gfvk3p4cs7zgfnqrxxac

Folsom HS (Folsom, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/daniyeln4
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/daniyelngata/

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 185
40:

247s rating: 4* - 95 grade; #2 APB (#79 overall)
ESPN rating: 4* - 85 grade; #7 RB (#46 overall)
Rivals rating: 4* - 5.8rr; #6 APB (#152 overall)

247sports Composite: 4* / 0.9643 rating / #2 APB / #78 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona State, Cincinnati, Clemson, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, Notre Dame, Oregon, Penn State, SDSU, San Jose State, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Washington State, FCS Offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude has to come here, right? I mean, he is from Folsom? It’s got to be providence.

Younger brother of Joe who signed and EE with Clemson this year over UW.

Link - “So I let the boys do the research on where they might want to go to school and play high school football,” Ray Ngata said. “Originally, they liked Allen High in Texas, which was big time, the No. 1 team in the country. But that’s not realistic here. We’re not going to be driving back and forth to Texas.

“We told the boys as parents that the objective here is to get a high school diploma, to get into college, to get one degree, minimum. No dropping out. No getting a job instead. I made a vow that as long as you boys accept the deal, we’ll do anything in our capacity to see that you get into college and play college football.”

That last comment is telling. In an era of pushy parents who drive their kids to excel in athletics, the Ngata family offers a different tone. Ray Ngata doesn’t live his sporting life vicariously through his sons. He’s as opposite of LaVar Ball as you can get. Ray stays out of the public eye; this is the only interview he has done. He doesn’t challenge the coaching of his sons. But he does expect full effort in their studies and in football.

“Great kids, great parents,” Folsom coach Kris Richardson said. “The boys are so respectful, so hard-working, and they’re great talents. Daniyel is the happiest kid you’ll ever meet. Joe is more serious, but together, they’re hilarious.”

Younger brother of Joe who signed and EE with Clemson this year over UW.

Also the younger brother of Ariel Ngata who signed with Washington 2 years ago. I think he wants to make his own path and pick a school that's not Washington or Clemson. He will be visiting Clemson to see his older brother for the spring game along with with Michigan who is leading right now and Colorado.

Damn ASU is loading up. They are going to be a problem
Don't know about that.

They are getting some good individuals but as a program don't buy them yet. And I wonder how long Herm is going to want to stick around there. They guy is not exactly young and is also focused on his speaking work as an evangelical Christian. Could see him bailing out at any time.

Herm is out recruiting all expectations, and finished I think 8-5 this year. Momentum on their side, we need to enulate.

I think we all expected Herm to do pretty well recruiting. Where I was surprised was how well he did coaching.

I am starting to worry about the Scum Devils being the new power in the South.
Herm has always been a competent coach who got his players to play hard for him and attracted very loyal assistant coaches. His main issue has always been game management. Very much a Coach Mac or Les Miles type guy. I think the questions about him were more about how much he really wanted to live the job at his life stage. At 65 years old, I don't see him being there long regardless. I'd be surprised if he was still the HC when his current recruiting class graduates.

Herm is a great motivator and has a relevant name to recruit. However, he is not a great coach. Granted the recruiting has improved at ASU, but he won't be there for long. I would be more concerned that a very good coach take over a team that is loaded with 4 stars vs Herm coaching that same team.

Herm has been recruiting the skill positions well. The OL/DL overall recruiting is average.
DL recruiting average. OL recruiting below average. I certainly agree that they will be some of our primary competition for the south but much prefer the way that Mel is building the Buffs (inside out).

Herm has been recruiting the skill positions well. The OL/DL overall recruiting is average.
My understanding is that Herm hired a new WR coach who like Pierce is very connected to the LA schools. Not sure how much actual recruiting Herm is doing. We are going to kill them on the inside

Back