What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO OT Reece Atteberry (Signed to Michigan)

giphy.gif

"It is a good vibe. It is a lot different from what it was and I think the new coaches are going to have that program really heading in the right direction," Atteberry said of the Buffs under Mel Tucker. "It is a different type of intensity that is up in Boulder now. It is good for the program. I have a ton of friends heading up there, which is going to be really good for them. I think they are going to be in a really, really good atmosphere. And again, it is a lot better vibe now.“

Yikes. I liked MM but that’s not something you want to see a recruit say about your coaches. It’s good that he is saying positive things about the new coaches though. Seems we’re fighting a bit up hill with his “tradition” comment. I don’t know if that means, “winning” or just a school with tradition. Against OSU and ND they definitely have us on historical tradition, I can admit that. We need this kid really badly to stay in-state.

I hear ya, a little bit, DBT. Until they are where they used to be, dudes are gonna look elsewhere. I could be wrong, but W's at CU are huge, more than some other schools. Nobody wants to get their ass whipped for four years. Start winning and we'll win some of these recruiting battles.

A local kid should never be a “long shot.” We may not get them, but we should always be under strong consideration.

Yes and I believe unicorns fart glitter and rainbows too. One look at that list and his comments and he’s going OSU, ND route. It is what it is, he has his choice and he’s looking to win on a big scale.

It doesn't work that way, unfortunately

Certainly doesn't work that way when we are losing 7 games a year.

Get ourselves up to winning 9 or 10 games a season and amazingly enough lots of these guys start to at least give us a listen.

Even then there are still some kids who dream of playing at a Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, or some other school they have been hearing about and seeing on TV since they were in pee-wee football.

Winning though would certainly close that gap.

Very important that we can get ourselves to a bowl game this year. Give the coaches something to sell positive momentum based on.

Certainly doesn't work that way when we are losing 7 games a year.

Get ourselves up to winning 9 or 10 games a season and amazingly enough lots of these guys start to at least give us a listen.

Even then there are still some kids who dream of playing at a Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, or some other school they have been hearing about and seeing on TV since they were in pee-wee football.

Winning though would certainly close that gap.

Very important that we can get ourselves to a bowl game this year. Give the coaches something to sell positive momentum based on.
Agreed, but the thought that every recruit will give CU strong consideration is fools gold.

Agreed, but the thought that every recruit will give CU strong consideration is fools gold.

True, a certain number of them are going to give us zero consideration. The thing is that we don't know which ones might be open to at least considering us until we try, until we put in the effort.

Sometimes kids become disenchanted with the big programs, sometimes they decide that the local program can become bigtime, sometimes they have a couple of friends who are going to the local school and start considering staying closer to home.

All recruiting is a percentage proposition. No school, not even the very top programs get every kid they work hard on but you rarely ever get one that you didn't work on.

Most of these Colorado kids, even the "no hopers" are at least willing to come up to Boulder for junior days and to have a talk with our coaches. Yes, for many this is a courtesy on their part but we have to use those opportunities to get some to seriously consider us.

The strategy of not recruiting hard and instead trying to take the left-overs and "develop" them is why we have one bowl game in the last decade and a half.

Jimmys and Joes is what wins.

It's not fools gold, if you win. CU recruited at a high level, when we were good. Hell, I didn't have to use the top 25 classes. We came in under that, mostly. I did get spoiled, been awhile since we had a big time class.

It's not fools gold, if you win. CU recruited at a high level, when we were good. Hell, I didn't have to use the top 25 classes. We came in under that, mostly. I did get spoiled, been awhile since we had a big time class.
Yes, and some kids still gave no thought to CU. The whole point is that some players will always leave the state. This happens in Alabama.

People think just because they live in the state that a kid will give CU the time of day. That is the job of a good recruiter.

Yes, and some kids still gave no thought to CU. The whole point is that some players will always leave the state. This happens in Alabama.

People think just because they live in the state that a kid will give CU the time of day. That is the job of a good recruiter.
I don't disagree with you. I just think it would help, though.

Back