What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO SG Luke O'Brien (SIGNED to COLORADO)

CU definitely needs some shooters, he can do that when he's on. I watched some of his clips, but didn't finish it. I'll check it out later on.

CU definitely needs some shooters, he can do that when he's on. I watched some of his clips, but didn't finish it. I'll check it out later on.

Only thing here is I'd like to see him bulk up a bit. He can play at this level. Really made it a point to go to the rack a lot more this year, and that helped his game big time.

Revisiting Luke's highlights today, and I have say...am I crazy for thinking this kid might be really, really good?

Perhaps it's a function of highlight tapes, but he spent a lot of time handling the ball. Glass half-full take is that maybe his 3 percentage will go up some if he has a chance to spot up more.

Perhaps it's a function of highlight tapes, but he spent a lot of time handling the ball. Glass half-full take is that maybe his 3 percentage will go up some if he has a chance to spot up more.
IDK, I see enough in that tape to say he's not going to just be some spot up shooter for us.

Just went back and watched that SR tape. In watching him on the perimeter, suddenly it hit me. He reminds me of my boyhood hero, John Havlicek..
I'd forgotten about Hondo, and had missed that he died last year.

Yes, part of it is the build and pale skin tone, they move and look somewhat alike. But he has the same uncanny way of just beating guys off the dribble and also capable of firing it up from anywhere. And he's constantly moving and seems to not tire.

For you children, here's John Havlicek:

IDK, I see enough in that tape to say he's not going to just be some spot up shooter for us.
No team at the college level is looking for their center to be Dirk Nowitzki. But if the dude can force defenses to guard him outside of the paint occasionally, it is a massive win.

I'm encouraged by his final film and some of the articles about him, especially if he's a legit 6-8. However, I'm still not expecting too much from him. I hope he can be a solid contributor as an upperclassman, which is sort of my base expectation for any middling recruit. I can't really come up with a true comp for him, and I hate to compare him to other white shooters we've had..........but, I think he'll be better than Blair Wilson and Levi Knutson in the end. We should all be content with that.

I'm encouraged by his final film and some of the articles about him, especially if he's a legit 6-8. However, I'm still not expecting too much from him. I hope he can be a solid contributor as an upperclassman, which is sort of my base expectation for any middling recruit. I can't really come up with a true comp for him, and I hate to compare him to other white shooters we've had..........but, I think he'll be better than Blair Wilson and Levi Knutson in the end. We should all be content with that.

Thanks for reminding me of Blair Wilson, he averaged double digits his So-Sr years, and was a core player on that David Harrison, Stephane Pelle, Michel Morandis squad that beat Kansas, won 20 games and went to the Dance.

That 60-59 win over Kansas was a banger and one of the best live sporting events I've attended.

Back