What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 Early Signing Period Thread

College football's third installment of the Early Signing Period on the national recruiting calendar begins Wednesday, a 72-hour window for prospective student-athletes in the 2020 class to put pen to paper on National Letters of Intent.

If players don't sign by Friday evening, the next opportunity to enter a binding agreement with the program of their choosing comes on the first Wednesday in February — the traditional National Signing Day that now doesn't bring as much flavor.

"The Early Signing Period is the new National Signing Day, and programs nationally are treating it as such," 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong writes. "Sixty-five percent of prospects nationally inked early in the 2018 cycle, and that number jumped to 77 percent in 2019 per 247Sports data. Coaching staffs want the hay in the barn, so to speak."

Here are a few tools to lean on during the Early Signing Period:

• 247Sports Crystal Ball — A fluid, real-time look at how a player's recruitment stands. Based on what they're hearing, our experts will make their pick for where a particular player will commit.
  • Schedule of Announcements — A full catalog of upcoming announcements, this is a must ahead of Dec. 18.
  • Team Rankings — Who's No. 1? Well, this year it's Clemson and that's not going to change unless there are several surprises this week. But there's still plenty else on the line in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.
  • Class Calculator — You can get lost in this one. Build your team's dream class and see how pretty that'd look on paper. Or be a pessimist and prepare yourself for the worst (and the flips), and talk yourself into what's left standing after the dust settles.
  • 247Sports Composite — The industry-generated 247Sports Composite is universally regarded as the most accurate and most unbiased recruiting rankings around.
  • Latest Commits — Go to bed early last night? Take a long lunch? Here's what you missed.
  • Decommitment Tracker — Just like the 'latest commits' tracker, but the other way around. Here's who just jumped back onto the open market.
  • Scouting Report — Make sure you check out our comprehensive scouting reports and player comparisons (when applicable) throughout the database.

Sounds like rather than rust the Twitter post and end of day presser CU will be live streaming hopefully with some commentary. Hoping it is a cool event. Maybe we will see some stuff come in live unlike the fake fax machine watches and celebrations. As with everything with Tucker my guess is that it is somewhat of a recruiting pitch and a way to show off CU. This all means I'll be even less productive than I thought I'd be today.

Starting slow... Usually there's several kids from East of MTN time zone inked by now. Two?

Time to freak out!
They're doing it differently this year where they will be announced during their live show. Normally we see the releases from the official twitter.

I'm sure they have already received a number of them but just have yet to announce it.

Back