What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 JC SDE Julius Coates (Signed to Arkansas)

Since Coates had a low rating, does this "improve" the class ranking? Obviously, he is a big kid and shows lots of potential ... but ranking wise he was low.
Is this a serious question? First, you can go to the sites to see our ranking. Second, let me tell you how math works. Each recruit adds points to a total, and our total is compared to other schools' totals. So while obviously it improves our average per recruit, it reduces our total.

Is this a serious question? First, you can go to the sites to see our ranking. Second, let me tell you how math works. Each recruit adds points to a total, and our total is compared to other schools' totals. So while obviously it improves our average per recruit, it reduces our total.

He might be alluding to a perceived thought that he will be replaced by a higher-ranked recruit.

I understand why we might not have room for Coates any more, and we’d prefer to have a HS recruit in his place (I agree with that BTW). But I am guessing he ends up at whoregon (He said it was one of his dream schools)....and after watching their defense dominate UU last night, I have a feeling that we’ll be hearing Mr. Coates name again when we play them. I still believe that this kid will end up being very good. I would say that I hope he ends up as a husker, but you know, **** them.

I understand why we might not have room for Coates any more, and we’d prefer to have a HS recruit in his place (I agree with that BTW). But I am guessing he ends up at whoregon (He said it was one of his dream schools)....and after watching their defense dominate UU last night, I have a feeling that we’ll be hearing Mr. Coates name again when we play them. I still believe that this kid will end up being very good. I would say that I hope he ends up as a ****er, but you know, **** them.

I don't think Oregon has room for him. They have other priorities.

More than anything else, JUCOs with options look for a clear path to a starting position. CU really didn’t have that.

As Duff said, Oregon looks like they will fill with other recruits.

Now Nebraska, they lose a lot on their DL this year and I think they provide that clear path. It’s likely he lands there.

Avg score goes up, cumulative down but weighting is important ... and I'm not intimate with their formulas. Looks like rivals only considers the top 20 recruits in a class, 247 grades on a curve. Question was for you recruit-niks.

Naturally, the hope is Harris fills this slot and class rank pops.

Based solely on the guys left on our board that are considered 50/50 or better, I’d say it’s likely that whoever replaces Coates will have a higher rating than he has.

Silent commit means nothing until that LOI is signed.

Being a realist I think Ivey is GT bound.

You're welcome.
I wish you were wrong but the indications are pointing that way with Ivey.

No commit means anything, silent or public, until the LOI is received. My gut though tells me that Harris is coming to Boulder and that he is more secure than some of our announced commits. He has indicated that he loves Boulder and the staff. He is also a very family oriented guy and his mom is fully on board with him being a Buff.

Still could change but I highly doubt it will.

I'm greedy though. I want Harris and Ivey.

According to my friends that are husker fans their boards are saying they’ve cooled on Coates after his recent visit. They seem to think they don’t want to use a spot as they are after bigger fish but either way, we could see him come back assuming we still want him.

According to my friends that are ****er fans their boards are saying they’ve cooled on Coates after his recent visit. They seem to think they don’t want to use a spot as they are after bigger fish but either way, we could see him come back assuming we still want him.
Translation.

He told them that he wasn't interested in playing in American Siberia if he had any other options which to them means they turned him down.

Amazing how they cool down on guys who don't like them.

Translation.

He told them that he wasn't interested in playing in American Siberia if he had any other options which to them means they turned him down.

Amazing how they cool down on guys who don't like them.

In this case, they likely did cool on him. He decommitted because he thought he had options.

In this case, they likely did cool on him. He decommitted because he thought he had options.
You are probably correct, but why would he decommit when he could just stay commited and make an OV anyway? Or would we pull the offer if he took an OV to kNU?

Concerning that all these programs are getting close looks at him and cooling on him. He's gonna be someone's safety option

You are probably correct, but why would he decommit when he could just stay commited and make an OV anyway? Or would we pull the offer if he took an OV to kNU?

He started taking visits and CU started filling up. He probably assumed either NU or Oregon would take him, no questions asked. Someone along the way should have been helping shift through the BS.

Back