What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 LA ATH Corey Wren (Signed to Florida State)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8653992.jpg

John Curtis HS (New Orleans, LA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoreyLWren
Instagram:

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 170
40:

247s rating: 3* - 88 grade; #25 ATH
ESPN rating: 3* - 77 grade; #49 ATH
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #19 ATH

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8755 / #25 ATH / #531 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boston College, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kansas, Kentucky, LA Tech, ULM, Memphis, Michigan, Miss State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Penn State, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Tulane, UTSA, Washington State, West Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:
As he mentioned in that interview the other day, New Orleans definitely seems to be a priority for Tucker.

The break away speed reminds me of Jeremy Bloom. I was a HS coach when he caught 4 passes for 145 yards 2tds and a 50 yard reverse for another score.

Is the term recruit over when we get a verbal from someone higher caliber and the previous player leaves?
Idk if we need a thread dedicated to high profile decommits but there will be a lot of dudes we'll be like 'Mel recruited him at Georgia...'
Anyways, with the Washington, ole Miss Arkansas situations I would hope Mel can snag some of these kids decommiting

Wren has a PB 10.41 100 meter That’s absurd. For comparison Gavin sawchuk won the Colorado HS 100M st 10.62 PB. Tyreek Hill 9.98 100M in college Matt Bolling, white lightning ran the the fastest in 2019 at 10.22

His highlights are amazing. The film almost looks computer-animated with his break away speed. Like a Forest Gump Alabama kick off return.
Would definitely be a BPA commit. It’s a great sign that we have shot.

Is the term recruit over when we get a verbal from someone higher caliber and the previous player leaves?
Idk if we need a thread dedicated to high profile decommits but there will be a lot of dudes we'll be like 'Mel recruited him at Georgia...'
Anyways, with the Washington, ole Miss Arkansas situations I would hope Mel can snag some of these kids decommiting
I don’t think there will be a lot leaving Washington. I think this has been planned for sometime and the current UW commits were told this would happen.

"recruit over" essentially is used to mean that an incoming guy is perceived to be better than either an existing guy, or another guy that was previously committed.

Ex: Player A committed and thus Player B is now looking around (he was told by coaches to look around).
Ex 2: Player A committed and thus Player B, a 3 year starter, is now looking around as he has been recruited over.

Back