What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX S Christian Gonzalez (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Can’t read the Rivals article but it sounds like the prevailing thought is that ND is out. Bama might be slow playing him.

MM is his lead recruiter at Ole Miss. Sounds like we have as good a shot at him as Ole Miss and ASU as long as Bama doesn’t pursue him harder.

Can’t read the Rivals article but it sounds like the prevailing thought is that ND is out. Bama might be slow playing him.

MM is his lead recruiter at Ole Miss. Sounds like we have as good a shot at him as Ole Miss and ASU as long as Bama doesn’t pursue him harder.

WHERE WAS THIS KIND OF RECRUITING THE LAST FEW YEARS MM

FWIW, that article seems to imply Clark is his lead recruiter for Ole Miss.

I think MM is actually a decent recruiter as an assistant. I bet he’s pretty good at developing a relationship based on trust and makes both kids and parents feel like part of the family. He could just never really do that as a HC with more limited interactions, and no real closing pitch.

MM is historically a pretty good recruiter as an individual. His failing came as the guy in charge of a staff recruiting.

His biggest problem was that he didn't place enough emphasis on it or have high enough expectations of his individual staff members. When he was here at Colorado he had some staff members who essentially didn't recruit. He had others who took the lazy way out going after "developmental" players instead of guys that other P5 schools recognized as players at this level and were pursuing hard. When coaches didn't get results they still kept their jobs.

As a head coach you have to be the closer, you have to be the guy who can turn your assistants work into a commitment that sticks. Far too often his assistants weren't bringing him the quality of player we needed to close.

I think MM is actually a decent recruiter as an assistant. I bet he’s pretty good at developing a relationship based on trust and makes both kids and parents feel like part of the family. He could just never really do that as a HC with more limited interactions, and no real closing pitch.

Not really. His claim to fame is finding Patrick Willis way off the radar.

I think his biggest issue was he never held anyone on the staff accountable in terms of their individual recruiting

Sooooooooo, Christian Gonzalez looks like a player that would be a great get for CU.

To get where we want to be he is the kind of player we have to get a number of. That offer list looks like a lot of guys who's job relies on getting the right players think he can play.

At CU he could play early, play a lot, and be part of building something to be proud of the rest of his life.

Would be a huge win for Tillman (and Tucker obviously) to land him.

Even that’s understating it a bit. It’s a game changing commitment for MT and CU because if he’s anywhere as good as his rating he can lock down 1 side of your field for at least 3 years. We haven’t seen that since 2016 and we all know where those players are and what they did that season.

Not sure if it’s accurate or not but 247 lists Chiviarini as his recruiter. Hope he secures another win!

Me too and it wouldn’t shock me. I think with his new title it’s pretty obvious his enthusiasm carries over to all recruiting, he’s been that good for us.

EAVpLh3UEAAQMMx

Come to beautiful Boulder, Christian!

Not liking this.. he just tweeted “big news tomorrow at 3:30” and just got 2 CB’s to.. purdue

With reported offers from Notre Dame, Alabama, CU, Ole Miss and ASU, a commitment to Purdue (who wasn’t in his top five) would seem very odd to me.
Agree but one of the CBs came from Wiltfong who has a pretty good track record. The other is from a Louisville contributor with a mediocre track record. We'll see, but yeah that would be a complete surprise to go away from your top 5 for a middling BIG program. Perhaps those guys got their black and gold mixed up

Back