'20 TX QB Brendon Lewis (Verbal to COLORADO)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Recruiting Central' started by WasianCU, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

As you can see by his percentage.

2. TSchekler

TSchekler Club Member Club Member

Who’s the clown who came in the day after Adam with his 67% and predicted cloudy?

Medford M. likes this.
  3. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

He's just some "recruiting insider" (SEC-based? I think) who makes a bunch of predictions purely based off what other people predict. He bandwagoned along with the early TCU predictions and so when he saw Adam predicted him to CU (and Brooks, who is trustworthy here, predicted him as foggy a while before that), he backtracked on that prediction because he doesn't know ****. Maybe he's a good talent evaluator, I don't know, but his prediction method is pretty obvious and rarely seems based on any real info.

TDforTD, Bread, Yung Buffalo and 7 others like this.
  4. BuffStampede

BuffStampede Club Member Club Member

Right now I think Lewis ends up committing to the Buffs, although he does have one final unofficial visit lined up, to Missouri, before he decides.

5. BuffStampede

BuffStampede Club Member Club Member

Clint Brewster actually played quarterback at Mullen and signed with Minnesota where his dad Tim Brewster was the head coach at the time. He later transferred to Tennessee Tech. Not sure how much he played in college. His older brother Nolan Brewster also played at Mullen and was a standout player at Texas in 2008 and 2009 before multiple concussions ended his career. Tim Brewster, who was an assistant on the Broncos' staff for two years, is now the tight ends coach at North Carolina.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

That's why I was so surprised to see you make the prediction! Still a visit to go with his early favorite!

7. Joe Theismann's Leg

Joe Theismann's Leg Club Member Club Member

I know I'm a homer, but I can't imagine a kid going to Missouri and being blown away. Columbia and nearby Jefferson City are probably fine... but vs Boulder and the Denver metro area?

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If that were that primary factor in most decisions, then yes, recruiting would be pretty easy. Missouri has been recruiting him longer and he clearly likes the coaching staff there.

Make no mistake, if Lewis chooses CU, Johnson and Chev deserve a lot of credit. Recruiters matter.

TDforTD, BuffPride88, Goose and 9 others like this.
  9. TSchekler

Agreed, but I think it's time we stop using this as an "I don't get it" when talking about why a kid would choose "Program X" over CU. Is there any question that Boulder/Denver Metro is better than Dallas, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater, Norman, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Lincoln, Iowa City, etc? I think "beautiful campus", and "cool city" are pretty far down the list for the vast majority of recruits.

c502cid, TDforTD, whatthebuff and 6 others like this.
  10. Jeric

Jeric ... Club Member

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-camp-series-dallas-the-spiegelman-awards

"In a loaded crop of quarterbacks in Dallas, one dual-threat who deserved recognition was Lewis. The Melissa passer is our Mr. Clean, largely because he was so smooth and so precise all afternoon. Lewis has impressive size, a fluid throwing motion and spot-on accuracy. Without acknowledging his ability to move in and out of the pocket, Lewis was one of the more reliable passers at camp with his stock on the rise."

Was curious how he did at the Rivals Camp recently, sounds like great reviews. Hopefully he can get a bump on there at some point.

Uncle Luko, TDforTD, Dorn09 and 9 others like this.
  11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Looking at film, he's going to need to hold the ball a bit higher at this level to take a beat off his windup/release time. But that's a normal type fix everyone who isn't working with one of those SoCal QB gurus seems to need for the transition to this level. Kid's a player. I'd love for him to be our QB in this class.

12. TSchekler

*One of our QBs in this class. I think taking two is probable, don't you?

13. Buffnik

Not necessarily. I think you take 1 if you can get a guy at the top of your board with a pitch about him being the only QB we're recruiting after not taking a QB last year.

14. TSchekler

Maybe that's their pitch to Lewis and maybe that leads to none of the current QBs transferring. If one did transfer, though, that leaves only 3 scholarship QBs in 2020, with none having much experience (assuming Montez stays healthy and takes the vast majority of reps in 2019).

15. Buffnik

Meh. You can only play 1. If he gets hurt, your season expectations go down. If you lose your top 2, you're probably going to suck. I really don't care who the 4th of 5th QB on the roster is. Give me top talent for the fist couple guys and find some walk-ons to throw scout team balls.

BuffPride88 and SkiRacingBuffalo like this.
  16. TSchekler

Is Lewis a truly elite QB prospect, who will push to be the starter as a True Freshman?

17. Buffnik

High 3*, maybe a low 4*, seems to be the consensus of the ratings guys. Our coaches seem to think more highly of him than that.

Doesn't look like Lewis has the rocket arm evaluators like and he's barely over 6 feet tall. I'm not sure those things matter so much in college when he's accurate, poised and can scoot when things break down or to buy time. For the things the coaches might be emphasizing for the position, he very well might be elite.

chitownbuff and TSchekler like this.
  18. Buffs35

Buffs35 Well-Known Member

Discussions revolving the 4th and 5th string QBs is the only reason Allbuffs exists. Casey Marksberry >>>>>>>>> Tyler McGarry

Sincerely,
    President, Zac Colvin Fan Club

Alfred91, Bread, wip and 3 others like this.
  19. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

Hey guys, one of our former walk ons has been starting at Nevada for 2 years now.

20. Joe Theismann's Leg

Yeah I mean... obviously I wasn't an athlete getting recruited those guys have a ton of extra considerations like their relationship to the coaching staff, scheme fit, stability of the staff, facilities etc.

I went to Fort Lewis and Durango is beautiful, but I don't think that was a primary concern when I was 18 and picking a college.

21. Uncle Luko

Uncle Luko Peckerwood Club Member

What did you study at the Fort?

22. gobuffs58

gobuffs58 so tired of losing Club Member

you are 100% correct!...they dont even pave the roads in stilleater ok yet they get players

23. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

It's as bad as academic smack talk.

Alfred91, Uncle Luko, Goose and 2 others like this.
  24. Joe Theismann's Leg

Political Science.

Uncle Luko likes this.
  25. Uncle Luko

Uncle Luko Peckerwood Club Member

Cool, I finished up there. Couple of others on here went there as well.

Joe Theismann's Leg likes this.
  26. bigbang2

bigbang2 I like I like, southpaw.

Elite arm strength is overrated. He can throw a good spiral. The ball is on time and on target.

Bufffan68 and BorrachoBuff like this.
  27. Alfred91

Alfred91 Arabic numeral jihadi Club Member

So basically you were mostly concerned with partying, doing cool outdoor stuff, partying some more, and maybe going to school if you had time? :p

Joe Theismann's Leg likes this.
  28. sliderNcider

sliderNcider Hasta la Viska Club Member

He's at Mizzou this weekend. My guess is we find out either way in the next couple weeks

29. sliderNcider

sliderNcider Hasta la Viska Club Member

Not sure how to imbed (did it work?!?!?!)

30. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

That is the most overrated part of any Q. Did Joe Montana have elite arm strength? I don’t know enough about all the pros, but looking at the all time greats, some had it (Elway) and others didn’t (Manning).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.