What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX QB Brendon Lewis (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Who’s the clown who came in the day after Adam with his 67% and predicted cloudy?
He's just some "recruiting insider" (SEC-based? I think) who makes a bunch of predictions purely based off what other people predict. He bandwagoned along with the early TCU predictions and so when he saw Adam predicted him to CU (and Brooks, who is trustworthy here, predicted him as foggy a while before that), he backtracked on that prediction because he doesn't know ****. Maybe he's a good talent evaluator, I don't know, but his prediction method is pretty obvious and rarely seems based on any real info.

Who’s the clown who came in the day after Adam with his 67% and predicted cloudy?
Clint Brewster actually played quarterback at Mullen and signed with Minnesota where his dad Tim Brewster was the head coach at the time. He later transferred to Tennessee Tech. Not sure how much he played in college. His older brother Nolan Brewster also played at Mullen and was a standout player at Texas in 2008 and 2009 before multiple concussions ended his career. Tim Brewster, who was an assistant on the Broncos' staff for two years, is now the tight ends coach at North Carolina.

Right now I think Lewis ends up committing to the Buffs, although he does have one final unofficial visit lined up, to Missouri, before he decides.
That's why I was so surprised to see you make the prediction! Still a visit to go with his early favorite!

I know I'm a homer, but I can't imagine a kid going to Missouri and being blown away. Columbia and nearby Jefferson City are probably fine... but vs Boulder and the Denver metro area?

I know I'm a homer, but I can't imagine a kid going to Missouri and being blown away. Columbia and nearby Jefferson City are probably fine... but vs Boulder and the Denver metro area?

If that were that primary factor in most decisions, then yes, recruiting would be pretty easy. Missouri has been recruiting him longer and he clearly likes the coaching staff there.

Make no mistake, if Lewis chooses CU, Johnson and Chev deserve a lot of credit. Recruiters matter.

Agreed, but I think it's time we stop using this as an "I don't get it" when talking about why a kid would choose "Program X" over CU. Is there any question that Boulder/Denver Metro is better than Dallas, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater, Norman, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Lincoln, Iowa City, etc? I think "beautiful campus", and "cool city" are pretty far down the list for the vast majority of recruits.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-camp-series-dallas-the-spiegelman-awards

"In a loaded crop of quarterbacks in Dallas, one dual-threat who deserved recognition was Lewis. The Melissa passer is our Mr. Clean, largely because he was so smooth and so precise all afternoon. Lewis has impressive size, a fluid throwing motion and spot-on accuracy. Without acknowledging his ability to move in and out of the pocket, Lewis was one of the more reliable passers at camp with his stock on the rise."

Was curious how he did at the Rivals Camp recently, sounds like great reviews. Hopefully he can get a bump on there at some point.

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals-camp-series-dallas-the-spiegelman-awards

"In a loaded crop of quarterbacks in Dallas, one dual-threat who deserved recognition was Lewis. The Melissa passer is our Mr. Clean, largely because he was so smooth and so precise all afternoon. Lewis has impressive size, a fluid throwing motion and spot-on accuracy. Without acknowledging his ability to move in and out of the pocket, Lewis was one of the more reliable passers at camp with his stock on the rise."

Was curious how he did at the Rivals Camp recently, sounds like great reviews. Hopefully he can get a bump on there at some point.
Looking at film, he's going to need to hold the ball a bit higher at this level to take a beat off his windup/release time. But that's a normal type fix everyone who isn't working with one of those SoCal QB gurus seems to need for the transition to this level. Kid's a player. I'd love for him to be our QB in this class.

Looking at film, he's going to need to hold the ball a bit higher at this level to take a beat off his windup/release time. But that's a normal type fix everyone who isn't working with one of those SoCal QB gurus seems to need for the transition to this level. Kid's a player. I'd love for him to be our QB in this class.
*One of our QBs in this class. I think taking two is probable, don't you?

*One of our QBs in this class. I think taking two is probable, don't you?
Not necessarily. I think you take 1 if you can get a guy at the top of your board with a pitch about him being the only QB we're recruiting after not taking a QB last year.

Not necessarily. I think you take 1 if you can get a guy at the top of your board with a pitch about him being the only QB we're recruiting after not taking a QB last year.
Maybe that's their pitch to Lewis and maybe that leads to none of the current QBs transferring. If one did transfer, though, that leaves only 3 scholarship QBs in 2020, with none having much experience (assuming Montez stays healthy and takes the vast majority of reps in 2019).

Maybe that's their pitch to Lewis and maybe that leads to none of the current QBs transferring. If one did transfer, though, that leaves only 3 scholarship QBs in 2020, with none having much experience (assuming Montez stays healthy and takes the vast majority of reps in 2019).
Meh. You can only play 1. If he gets hurt, your season expectations go down. If you lose your top 2, you're probably going to suck. I really don't care who the 4th of 5th QB on the roster is. Give me top talent for the fist couple guys and find some walk-ons to throw scout team balls.

Meh. You can only play 1. If he gets hurt, your season expectations go down. If you lose your top 2, you're probably going to suck. I really don't care who the 4th of 5th QB on the roster is. Give me top talent for the fist couple guys and find some walk-ons to throw scout team balls.
Is Lewis a truly elite QB prospect, who will push to be the starter as a True Freshman?

Is Lewis a truly elite QB prospect, who will push to be the starter as a True Freshman?
High 3*, maybe a low 4*, seems to be the consensus of the ratings guys. Our coaches seem to think more highly of him than that.

Doesn't look like Lewis has the rocket arm evaluators like and he's barely over 6 feet tall. I'm not sure those things matter so much in college when he's accurate, poised and can scoot when things break down or to buy time. For the things the coaches might be emphasizing for the position, he very well might be elite.

Discussions revolving the 4th and 5th string QBs is the only reason Allbuffs exists. Casey Marksberry >>>>>>>>> Tyler McGarry

Sincerely,
President, Zac Colvin Fan Club

Discussions revolving the 4th and 5th string QBs is the only reason Allbuffs exists. Casey Marksberry >>>>>>>>> Tyler McGarry

Sincerely,
President, Zac Colvin Fan Club
Hey guys, one of our former walk ons has been starting at Nevada for 2 years now.

Agreed, but I think it's time we stop using this as an "I don't get it" when talking about why a kid would choose "Program X" over CU. Is there any question that Boulder/Denver Metro is better than Dallas, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater, Norman, Columbus, Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Lincoln, Iowa City, etc? I think "beautiful campus", and "cool city" are pretty far down the list for the vast majority of recruits.

Yeah I mean... obviously I wasn't an athlete getting recruited those guys have a ton of extra considerations like their relationship to the coaching staff, scheme fit, stability of the staff, facilities etc.

I went to Fort Lewis and Durango is beautiful, but I don't think that was a primary concern when I was 18 and picking a college.

Yeah I mean... obviously I wasn't an athlete getting recruited those guys have a ton of extra considerations like their relationship to the coaching staff, scheme fit, stability of the staff, facilities etc.

I went to Fort Lewis and Durango is beautiful, but I don't think that was a primary concern when I was 18 and picking a college.
What did you study at the Fort?

you are 100% correct!...they dont even pave the roads in stilleater ok yet they get players

It's as bad as academic smack talk.

Elite arm strength is overrated. He can throw a good spiral. The ball is on time and on target.
That is the most overrated part of any Q. Did Joe Montana have elite arm strength? I don’t know enough about all the pros, but looking at the all time greats, some had it (Elway) and others didn’t (Manning).

Back