What's new

'20 TX S Abner Dubar (Verbal to Minnesota)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

Anna HS (Anna, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamabnerdubar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abner.dubar/

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 176
40: 4.51 (verified)

247s rating: 3* - 86 grade; #50 S
ESPN rating: 3*; unranked CB
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked ATH

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8466 rating / #61 S / #987 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Minnesota, Nevada, ULL, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Washington State, FCS

Last edited:

Not Sure

Club Member
Club Member
I’m excited about the prospect of having a guy named “Abner” on the team. You don’t see too many guys with that name anymore.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Mtn post about weather coming in 3..2..
Keep your weather problems to yourself.

Liking the trend in recruiting safeties. This kid looks like a legit safety who likes to hit people but who also has the kind of speed and quickness to be able to cover receivers in space when needed.

Lets close the deal and be a Buff.

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
PJ Fleck is all about the hard press on OV. He gets a lot of verbals that way. I think he also got a fair amount of decommits later too.
PJ Fleck reminds me of some of my competitors in business. There's a few guys that start strong, but they can't sustain it. They talk a good game, but they don't deliver the goods.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
PJ Fleck reminds me of some of my competitors in business. There's a few guys that start strong, but they can't sustain it. They talk a good game, but they don't deliver the goods.
Be fair, the kids commit then realize that they are about ready to sign up for 4 years of Minnesota winters. (Had to drop that in for teats)

You are right though, he pushes hard for the close then they get buyers remorse and he can't keep them closed till delivery.

SotaBuff

PJ Fleck is all about the hard press on OV. He gets a lot of verbals that way. I think he also got a fair amount of decommits later too.
Fleck has shown himself to be an excellent recruiter. There's a lot of good young talent on the Gophers.

Fleck has said if a player commits to the Gophers they cannot take other visits. If they do then he moves on.

Right or wrong, that's his strategy.