What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX TE Elijah Yelverton (Signed to Iowa)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8082350.jpg

Bishop Dunne HS (Dallas, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/yelverton2002

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 225
40:

247s rating: 3* - 87 grade; #27 TE
ESPN rating: 3* - 79 grade; #9 TE-Y
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #18 TE

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8763 / #20 TE / #514 overall

Reported offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Baylor, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, LSU, Nebraska, Purdue

Last edited by a moderator:
Transferred to Bishop Dunne (where we seem to have things working) after being All District as a WR for Royse City as a sophomore. 6'5" 220. Tons of early P5 offers. Will be one hell of a receiving TE in college. Catches everything thrown in his zip code.

https://twitter.com/yelverton2002

Looks like he's joined the team. Medically retired at Iowa before re-entering the portal. Was catching passes for Shedeur in one of the videos, I think they played together in HS.
I'm not sure it's accurate that he medically retired (although that was reported by at least one site and the 247 article). That normally paves the way to get all 4 years paid for. I think Yelverton just hung it up. That link I posted above also states that Prime was his OC in high school.

And his twitter states he's at Colorado Football

Something I'd point out about our TE room (and, really, every position) is that if you took the bios of the guys on the CU roster who return from 2022, I'm not sure that we'd be all that excited about more than a handful of them being brought in as transfers based on their resumes. In other words, we over-rate what we've got. That said, anyone who was recruited to the Iowa TE room earns my respect for his potential and a relationship with Coach Prime tells me that his football character is well known. If he's part of the team, I'm very much ok with it being as a scholarship player and I'm over the moon if we somehow got him in as a PWO.

With a PWO, does anybody know if he’s charged in-state tuition?
Tuition would be based on wherever they graduated from high school or where the parents currently live. If you are out-of-state, that is what you pay. In-state pays in-state, being a walk-on has no bearing on tuition.

Back