What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX WR Malik Johnson (Signed to Kansas)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

xfdnmeyjmsxap0csrlq6

The Woodlands HS (The Woodlands, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/malikjohnson2_
Instagram:

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 175
40:

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #217 WR
ESPN rating: 3* - 73 grade; #243 WR
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked ATH

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8356 rating / #214 WR / #1565 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Colorado State, FAU, Hawaii, Kansas, Kansas State, Memphis, Nevada, Southern Miss, Texas Southern, Utah State, FCS Offers

Last edited by a moderator:
#188....no way are 187 receivers more explosive than this kid. His video is sweet, super excited about this offer.

While he is certainly better than the 188th WR in the country, not sure he looks that special either.

He is listed at 5'9"/175, which might be generous. There are a lot of those types of receivers in every class. A nice player to round out a WR class, but not a foundational piece IMO.
You've probably seen a lot more film than I have, so I trust you, BUT....what I see is a kid with good speed, great vision (perfect for the slot), and a lot of long TD's. Also, I am intrigued with Malik because it looks like he has the kind of elusiveness, speed, and vision to be a Hybrid RB/WR in college.

You've probably seen a lot more film than I have, so I trust you, BUT....what I see is a kid with good speed, great vision (perfect for the slot), and a lot of long TD's. Also, I am intrigued with Malik because it looks like he has the kind of elusiveness, speed, and vision to be a Hybrid RB/WR in college.

I am not saying he is bad, just he plays at a visible school and has drawn mild interest thus far for several reasons IMO. What you see as a strength (potential hybrid RB/WR) is what I see as a huge question mark, especially since it seems like we have several of those types on the roster already.

I am not saying he is bad, just he plays at a visible school and has drawn mild interest thus far for several reasons IMO. What you see as a strength (potential hybrid RB/WR) is what I see as a huge question mark, especially since it seems like we have several of those types on the roster already.
They are the Buff Backers of the offense. I dream of a day when CU football is no longer looking at offensive skill recruits and saying, "He could play Wide Receiver OR Running Back for us!" like those positions are remotely interchangeable at a high level.

They are the Buff Backers of the offense. I dream of a day when CU football is no longer looking at offensive skill recruits and saying, "He could play Wide Receiver OR Running Back for us!" like those positions are remotely interchangeable at a high level.
Didn’t a WR fill in for EB back in 89 and do ok?

Ha. I'll give you points for bringing up one of a handful of guys in the country who could probably be an elite player at either position, but a CU team that has Pac 12 Championship aspirations would have Viska playing WR only.
Not sure I agree with that. CU would be shooting itself in the foot by not deploying different packages featuring viska in the backfield. It’s lethal in the redzone. But agreed overall that these tweener backs/slot guys shouldn’t be apart of the teams foundation.

Not sure I agree with that. CU would be shooting itself in the foot by not deploying different packages featuring viska in the backfield. It’s lethal in the redzone. But agreed overall that these tweener backs/slot guys shouldn’t be apart of the teams foundation.
My point is, if CU doesn’t have the talent on the roster to allow Viska to play WR only, they aren’t winning a Pac 12 Championship. I’m also not talking about a wildcat snap here or there in this overall context. I’m talking about the fact that CU has been recruiting the KD Nixon types every year and telling us how they can play slot receiver and RB. That’s great and all, but how about we recruit WRs to play WR and RBs to play RB.

My point is, if CU doesn’t have the talent on the roster to allow Viska to play WR only, they aren’t winning a Pac 12 Championship. I’m also not talking about a wildcat snap here or there in this overall context. I’m talking about the fact that CU has been recruiting the KD Nixon types every year and telling us how they can play slot receiver and RB. That’s great and all, but how about we recruit WRs to play WR and RBs to play RB.

Well the good news is that it looks like CU just signed 3 traditional X Receivers to play Wr. (Shenault, Huffman-Dixon, Luckett), Arias looks like a legit Wr on the outside as well.

Mangham aside, our RB recruits have been underwhelming, but hopefully Smith or Fontenot show something this year. Meanwhile Mangham looks like he could be a starter out the gate.

I see a very dynamic versatile playmaker! If he can return kicks, or heck, just catch a kick, then these are the types of kids we need. Agree he is not the pillar, but as WR2 or WR3 in a class, this is a need.

No doubt. A guy who is typically a receiver playing out of the backfield can be murder . . .
espn_g_hernandez_brady1x_600.jpg

Back