What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

20+ wins

CVilleBuff

With CU on the verge of *hopefully* reaching 20 wins, and thus producing back to back 20+ win seasons for the first time in program history, I thought we'd take a look at our company in accomplishing this. Here are programs from the Pac-12 and Big XII who got 20+ wins last year and are currently in position to reach it again as this season comes to a close.

Pac-12:
Colorado: 24-14, 17-8
Arizona: 30-8, 19-8 (Arizona only had 16 wins in '09/'10, but this will be 20+ wins in 22/23 seasons)
Washington: 24-11, 18-8 (This will be Washington's 4th straight year of 20+ wins)
Oregon: 21-18, 18-8 (A little cheap considering Oregon got 5 wins in the CBI last season)
UCLA: 23-11, 15-11 (It's a stretch for UCLA to get to 20+ wins this year, but could happen with the Pac12 tournament + NIT)

BigXII:
Kansas: 35-3, 21-5 (This is KU's 23rd consecutive season of 20+ wins)
Missouri: 23-11, 24-2 (4th straight 20+ win season for Mizzou)
Kansas State: 23-11, 17-8 (This would be KSU's 6th straight 20+ win season)
Texas: 28-8, 17-9 (This would be the 13th straight season of 20+ wins for the Longhorns)

So, as you can see, even just back to back years of 20+ wins would put CU in pretty elite company (yes, I'm fully aware we haven't reached the milestone...yet). Arizona is obviously the most impressive in the Pac-12. That 22/23 mark is simply remarkable, and even UCLA doesn't come remotely close to matching that. Washington is putting a nice streak together as well. UCLA is going to struggle to reach the 20 win plateau this year unless they get hot in the Pac-12 tournament and/or the NIT. In closing, if CU reaches 20+ wins this year, they will find themselves joining the upper-echelon of Arizona and Washington. Here's hoping we get above and beyond the 20 win mark this year, and put together a run of these seasons - like Arizona has - for years to come!

Last edited:
Great post CVille. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but 20 wins should be an expectation for this program, not a goal. I think Coach Boyle would concur.

Great post CVille. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but 20 wins should be an expectation for this program, not a goal. I think Coach Boyle would concur.

isn't it crazy, we on the verge of doing something never done before and now we expect it to happen.

today's record is tomorrow forecast.

17-8 now

Go 4-1 down the stretch (21-9)

Win 1 game in the P12 Tournament (22-10)

NIT Win 2 games? (24 - 11)

Last year (24-14)

Yup, it not to outlandish to match last year's wins. Although there is still a lot of BBall to play

I must say...I was completely wrong about this year's squad and the PAC12. I thought we would be in the lower third of the league, and I thought the PAC 12 would flex some muscles nationally. Both on both accounts, although they do sort of go hand in hand.

Great job by the team and Boyle.

20 wins should be the standard. The only way that CU is going to become what the fans want it to be is if we all set the bar high. 20 wins should not be difficult for a solid program. That is what I want CU to become. A solid program that every now and then goes on a run in the tourny. Evenentually the standard will be sweet 16's, and every now and then a run at the natty. The only way to become an upper level team is to expect to be an upper level team.

20 wins should be the standard. The only way that CU is going to become what the fans want it to be is if we all set the bar high. 20 wins should not be difficult for a solid program. That is what I want CU to become. A solid program that every now and then goes on a run in the tourny. Evenentually the standard will be sweet 16's, and every now and then a run at the natty. The only way to become an upper level team is to expect to be an upper level team.

From here on out, I will consider any season with under 20 wins to be a major disappointment.

20 wins is looked at the same way getting to 8 wins is in football. Fans often feel we should be able to obtain it every year, but it's easier said than done to get there year after year. The fact CU will likely join Arizona and Washington as the only 3 Pac-12 programs to get there both last year and this year shows it's more difficult than it often looks. That said, I like our chances to put together a solid run of 20+ win seasons

20 wins is looked at the same way getting to 8 wins is in football. Fans often feel we should be able to obtain it every year, but it's easier said than done to get there year after year. The fact CU will likely join Arizona and Washington as the only 3 Pac-12 programs to get there both last year and this year shows it's more difficult than it often looks. That said, I like our chances to put together a solid run of 20+ win seasons

regardless of what our expectations are or what the press predicted where we would finish...a major shout out to both squads(last year and this year's team) and to coach boyle and his staff for an amazing job... if we look back on these boards from last year pre- conference to this year pre- conference (uh... csu, afa, and wyoming).... we gotta give the team and coaching staff a standing ovation whether they make 20 wins or not.... just to place in the top half of the pac-12 is a strong testament to them to their work ethic and positive attitude!!!!

:dance4:Hit 20 wins tonight with the victory over Utah in the Pac-12 Tournament. Memorable achievement for CU basketball, first time we've ever had back to back 20+ win seasons!! For comparison, we hit 20 wins last year with our victory over Iowa State in the First Round of the Big XII tournament.

Let's by no means stop here, Buffs. Let's keep picking up wins in the Pac-12 tournament and beyond. How amazing would it be to surpass the 24 win mark set last year?

Go Buffs!!

:dance4:Hit 20 wins tonight with the victory over Utah in the Pac-12 Tournament. Memorable achievement for CU basketball, first time we've ever had back to back 20+ win seasons!! For comparison, we hit 20 wins last year with our victory over Iowa State in the First Round of the Big XII tournament.

Let's by no means stop here, Buffs. Let's keep picking up wins in the Pac-12 tournament and beyond. How amazing would it be to surpass the 24 win mark set last year?

Go Buffs!!

Let's see. That would put is in the sweet 16, right? Sounds good to me.

YES! Back to Back 20 win seasons. With the facilities that we have now, not getting to at least 20 wins is UNACCEPTABLE.

i agree about expectations. one of my main issues with CU hoops as a longtime fan was that the admin allowed us to think like losers. you saw that all through Ricardo's era with OOC scheduling. i'm not a total Mike Bohn fan (though on bal.ance i like what he's done mostly)....but i am impressed that we are actually DOING something about the OOC instead of talking about it only. Ricardo had more success than people give him credit for...but FAR too often he and Tharp fell back on the excuse that people didn't want to play us OOC etc. so, they gave up or didn't ever really try. so, we had OOC's that gave us W's mostly but if it was to have a legit SOS that helped and didn't hurt with the advent of the RPI, forget it. didn't hurt to pad Rico's win total to keep his job either. he wasn't gonna argue too hard about that.

last year, good example that we might have needed to wake the F up. that our SOS was hurting us in the big picture.

point being: we've been thinking like losers for a long time. we weren't Carolina over the years, but we've had some success that we simply never built upon or had admin support to take it to the next level. hopefully, that time is now.

shoulder to shoulder.

Up to 21 wins -- let's match and/or overtake that mark of 24 wins from last year! Keep them coming, Go Buffs!!

Back