What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2001 #1 Nebraska at #15 Colorado

This game was nothing short of incredible. It was like all the previous years of near misses and painful losses to the huskers were unleashed in this one game.

I still remember sitting there at the game in the 2nd quarter and we were up 35-3 on the #1 team in the country at one point and I couldn't believe it.

You could have driven a truck through the holes that the line opened for Brown & Purify that day, and once they were 5 yards clear of the line of scrimmage, it was clear sailing. Every timeI looked, one of them was running free. Dan Graham had a heck of a day, too.

This game was nothing short of incredible. It was like all the previous years of near misses and painful losses to the huskers were unleashed in this one game.

I still remember sitting there at the game in the 2nd quarter and we were up 35-3 on the #1 team in the country at one point and I couldn't believe it.

The pain of 93 and 94 were bad, but 96,97,98,99,00 were excruciating, it was nice to finally put a beat down on them.

I was watching the game with my uncles and cousins from home, and we're looking at each other in joyous disbelief. xmas came the day after thanksgiving that year. It was so much fun.

The pain of 93 and 94 were bad, but 96,97,98,99,00 were excruciating, it was nice to finally put a beat down on them.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Almost a decade of misses, blown games (94), and the Halloween Massacre (92).

I watched it at my parents house; my dad put me, my brother, and my sister through CU and was a DIE HARD fan. Couple of his friends from work had come over and we all watched the game. I was losing my mind at how incredible we looked and I was so, so scared the Corn were going to come back and win. I didn’t feel safe until there was under 4 minutes left. That’s how much I despised and dreaded the Corn.

My dad bought me that game on DVD as a Christmas gift years later. Unbeknownst to him, it was with the Nebraska based radio station play by play; the disappointment in their voices by the end of the 1st quarter was music to my ears. Game still gives me shivers. Thanks for posting this. I needed it.

Will the team have a USC game like that one day? I can only dream.

My personal favorite all time game. With that said, it is ancient history. This program needs new memories. Last year was a good start, but that needs to be more of the norm.

I asked my better half to pinch me to make sure I wasn't dreaming with the score at 35-3

I came to AllBuffs today to post this pic...and I found this thread! Awesome!

cryer.jpg

I miss getting up and getting ready to watch that game.
This.
To say I've had a massive amount of life changes over the last 5 years (during the Pac 12 transition) would be an understatement. Life has certainly pulled some of my razor focus from the Buffs.

But, losing the rivalries and traditions of the old big 12 days and especially the Nebraska game has really diminished my passion. I would honestly be sitting hear right now with a big lump of butterflies in my stomach all morning after having CU/NU dreams last night.

I miss that and hope to see Colorado transition to great new traditions in the Pac 12.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Almost a decade of misses, blown games (94), and the Halloween Massacre (92).

God the 94 game was so painful to watch. First of all it was at 10 o'clock in the morning. That sucked balls, and I have always maintained that had an impact in the way the Buffs played that day.

But holy crap was Kordell terrible that day. I'm surprised they didn't have to replace the turf at Memorial Stadium from all the balls he drilled into the ground. They decided to shut Rashaan down and make Kordell beat them, and he couldn't do it.

They decided to shut Rashaan down and make Kordell beat them, and he couldn't do it.
I remember Nebraska put 8 in the box, ILB’s right behind the NT, maybe a yard back, daring us to run.

All three WR’s from that team were 1st round picks, the TE was a first or second rounder too. If I remember correctly, the entire offense was actually drafted over the course of 3 years. All the lineman, QB, etc. I have always felt that was the BEST CU team ever fielded in the 26 years I’ve been watching.

Stewart had the worst game. Couldn’t do ANYTHING.

The rant:
The worst part of that, we got screwed and played a 6-5-1 Notre Dame team in a bowl (Holtz busted out the green uni’s). We were the #4 team in the country. Finished the year #3. Then Mac retired.

The rant:
The worst part of that, we got screwed and played a 6-5-1 Notre Dame team in a bowl (Holtz busted out the green uni’s). We were the #4 team in the country. Finished the year #3. Then Mac retired.

When you put it that way, the only thing that was good after that game was Rashaan winning the Heisman, lol.

The 93 and 94 games were frustrating considering all the talent cu had. The offense especially kordell lost those games.

The rest were last minute heartbreaks. 99 was especially cruel, damn fg kickers.

Back