What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2008 College basketball Budgets

and to add. fooling around on that site, clicking the hot linked team names.....a lot of good resource material. pretty interesting stuff. i'm going to bookmark it.

edit: too good to be true, now it wants me to join for 19$. that, i may pass on today. but looks like a great hoops site.

Interesting. I'm not surprised Duke spends the most money, but I am surprised they spend so much more than everyone else.

Nice find.

It really wouldn't take much for us to pass ISU, NU and MU in spending (TTU and KSU are also reachable). I actually think we'll get there under Bohn, as I think he's committed to getting us into the upper half of the Big 12 in Men's Basketball.

That was my thought too, they spend about 50% more than anyone else. Maybe because of they have a small arena.

Cameron is tiny, but I don't quite see how a small arena would translate to higher budget. It is old, and that would mean more upkeeping, but having never been there, isn't it supposed to be well maintained?

I think their budget has more to do with Coach K and his assistants making a decent amount of money. Also, they probably have a large recruiting budget, and I bet the bball team travels well.

Cameron is tiny, but I don't quite see how a small arena would translate to higher budget. It is old, and that would mean more upkeeping, but having never been there, isn't it supposed to be well maintained?

I think their budget has more to do with Coach K and his assistants making a decent amount of money. Also, they probably have a large recruiting budget, and I bet the bball team travels well.

I was thinking that because they have a smaller arena, that means less revenue generated from ticket sales and therefore they need a bigger budget.

Back