What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009-10 Basketball Schedules Announced

RSSBot

News Junkie
Colorado has announced its men's and women's schedules for the 2009-10 basketball season.

2009-10 UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

Fri. Nov. 13 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF
Mon. Nov. 16 COPPIN STATE
Wed Nov. 18 TEXAS SOUTHERN

Mon. Nov. 23 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational
(Arizona-Chaminade-Cincinnati-Gonzaga-Maryland-Vanderbilt-Wisconsin)
Tues. Nov. 24 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational
Wed. Nov. 25 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational

Tues. Dec. 1 SAN FRANCISCO
Fri. Dec. 4 %at Oregon State
Mon. Dec. 7 COLORADO CHRISTIAN
Thrs. Dec. 10 at Colorado State
Tues. Dec. 22 CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
Tues. Dec. 29 YALE UNIVERSITY
Sat. Jan. 2 at Tulsa 1 p.m.
Tues. Jan. 5 MIAMI (OHIO)

Sat. Jan. 9 *at Texas 11:30 a.m.
Tue. Jan. 12 *BAYLOR
Sat. Jan. 16 *KANSAS STATE 2:00 p.m.
Wed. Jan. 20 *at Oklahoma State 7:00 p.m.
Sat. Jan. 23 *at Texas A&M 2:00 p.m.
Wed. Jan. 27 *NEBRASKA
Sat. Jan. 30 *at Iowa State
Wed. Feb. 3 *KANSAS 7:00 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 6 *MISSOURI 2:00 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 13 *at Kansas State 4:00 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 17 *OKLAHOMA 7:00 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 20 *at Kansas 2:00 p.m.
Wed. Feb. 24 *at Missouri
Sat. Feb. 27 *IOWA STATE 11:30 a.m.
Tue. Mar. 2 *at Nebraska
Sat. Mar. 6 *TEXAS TECH 2:00 p.m.

Wed.-Sat. Mar. 10-13 **Big 12 Basketball Championship

Thr.-Sun. Mar. 18-21 NCAA Tournament, 1st & 2nd Rds.

Thr.-Sun. Mar. 25-28 NCAA Regionals

Sat./Mon. Apr. 3, 5 NCAA Final Four (Indianapolis, Ind.)

^ = EA Sports Maui Invitational (Lahaina Civic Center; Maui, Hawaii)
% = Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series
* = Big 12 Conference
** = Big 12 Basketball Championships (Sprint Center, Kansas City)

All Times Mountain
Dates and Times are Subject to Change
Originally from CUBuffs.com Headline News
Posted by RSSBot

It looks like CU's Men's basketball schedule especially during the non-conference portion isn't that difficult.

Hey Valdez. Can you move this to the hoops forum?

Looking at the non-conference portion I don't think it's too much to ask for 10 wins going into conference play. I still really wish we'd play DU, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, and even UNC. A lot better than playing some of the riff-raff we're playing again this season.

Another year, another largely disappointing non-conference schedule...sure, Maui is great, but I'll bet we end up playing Chaminade at least once in the bracket...scheduling a game vs. Colorado Christian (D-II I think), is pretty much unforgivable...why not try to schedule Northern Colorado or DU instead if they're looking for someone local to play?

CU needs to schedule in the non-conference so that we've got a good chance of getting 10 wins before conference play. That's relative to where we are as a program, so if we get better I expect to see more matchups with decent (or at least bigger name) programs.

As it stands:

We've got a non-conference that delivers at least 10 probable wins plus good matchups with Oregon State (CBI champs last year), Cal State Northridge (NCAA team last year), plus the Maui Invitational (should give us 1 or 2 chances for a signature non-conference win).

After non-conference, we should be in a position where a 6-10 Big 12 record gets us into a postseason tournament. Plus, we get to finish with Iowa State, @Nebraska, Texas Tech. So we've got things set up well for being able to go into the Big 12 Tourney with some momentum and look good as a bubble team.

Would I like to see teams like UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn coming to Boulder? Hell, yeah. But we need to build to that. The schedule is perfect for where CU is as a program.

CU needs to schedule in the non-conference so that we've got a good chance of getting 10 wins before conference play. That's relative to where we are as a program, so if we get better I expect to see more matchups with decent (or at least bigger name) programs.

As it stands:

We've got a non-conference that delivers at least 10 probable wins plus good matchups with Oregon State (CBI champs last year), Cal State Northridge (NCAA team last year), plus the Maui Invitational (should give us 1 or 2 chances for a signature non-conference win).

After non-conference, we should be in a position where a 6-10 Big 12 record gets us into a postseason tournament. Plus, we get to finish with Iowa State, @Nebraska, Texas Tech. So we've got things set up well for being able to go into the Big 12 Tourney with some momentum and look good as a bubble team.

Would I like to see teams like UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn coming to Boulder? Hell, yeah. But we need to build to that. The schedule is perfect for where CU is as a program.

Not to be negative nancy on the subject, but I'm not asking for UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn on the schedule(Apparently the Tar Heels are coming to Boulder in the next year or two anyway). But schedule the local/regional teams at least.

Not to be negative nancy on the subject, but I'm not asking for UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn on the schedule(Apparently the Tar Heels are coming to Boulder in the next year or two anyway). But schedule the local/regional teams at least.

I could get on board with the locals. We are, in fact, playing CSU.

In another thread, I suggested that I'd love to see a "Colorado Classic" tourney put together with all of the D1 teams in the state (CU, CSU, DU, UNC, AFA). Round robin format where everyone plays everyone over 2 days of double-headers. I think it would be a blast.

I could also get behind border state programs like UNM, NMSt, Wyo, BYU, Utah, UtahSt, Tulsa, etc. Without making the schedule a lot more difficult, I agree there are ways to play games that are more interesting to local fans.

Understandably not a very exciting schedule outside of the Maui trip, but also a good look at going undefeated at home during the non-conference stretch. Realistically I say the Buffs drop two at home before the Big 12 starts, but let's hope that's worst case scenario, eh?

i'd love to buy season tix out of principle but until there is something to see (which is to say, the AD makes an effort), i stick with the GA ticket for conference games. i'm a big hoops guy, but every frickin year they talk about an upgrade and it's RPI 250+ teams.

last year, we backed out of return road trip to Tulsa. way to go.

edit: i see we return the Tulsa game this year, my bad.

Last edited:
i'd love to buy season tix out of principle but until there is something to see (which is to say, the AD makes an effort), i stick with the GA ticket for conference games. i'm a big hoops guy, but every frickin year they talk about an upgrade and it's RPI 250+ teams.

last year, we backed out of return road trip to Tulsa. way to go.

edit: i see we return the Tulsa game this year, my bad.

Was Jeff trying to back out of this game? I didn't hear about that.

Back